• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

dmc

Sitting in the Atlanta airport working on a presentation for a trip to Germany next week..

Checking out the southern talent too.. wow...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I don't know how it happened, but even though the kids were all keyed up at bath time (I went to get towels and they flooded the bathroom :eek:), they're actually BOTH in bed right now. The little guy is asleep, the older one is wide awake. We'll see how long this lasts....

I am in my jammies chilling in bed with "3 and a half men" on TV in the background. REALLY tired tonight. Maybe I'll go to sleep before 11PM? Though I do have some reading I'd like to do...

dmc

still sitting in the airport... somebody entertain me...

still sitting in the airport... somebody entertain me...

Wow you probably could have driven home faster..There's a guy at the local bar who has a house here and in Florida. He drives the 17 hours from Florida to PA straight with his wife..He leave Florida at 4:00AM and gets here at 9:00PM..that's quite a day..especially considering $69 one way fares from the Lehigh Valley airport..

I went to Cali Burrite and got two tacos and chicken quesidillas..they make their own salsa and it's mad steezy yo..I'm also following a high school buddy of mine who has made the final table at the 1st No-limit event of the World Series of poker..He's currently 5th in chips and top prize is around $900k but 9th is about $100k..with a $1500 buy in and almost 4,000 people who began the tournement three days ago. Go Theo..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Early bedtime didn't work out... youngest is already up for the 3rd time and won't go back to sleep.

I have such a headache right now.

Greg

Staff member
Early bedtime didn't work out... youngest is already up for the 3rd time and won't go back to sleep.

I have such a headache right now.
What we've found is the two kids don't have to have the same bedtime. If the oldest is ready, put her down and keep the youngest up longer. It will get better. Livie was a terrible sleeper compared to Abby and even she will go down around 6:30 - 7 pm now.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What we've found is the two kids don't have to have the same bedtime. If the oldest is ready, put her down and keep the youngest up longer. It will get better. Livie was a terrible sleeper compared to Abby and even she will go down around 6:30 - 7 pm now.
I usually put down Mags first (because once she falls asleep, she's a deep sleeper) and Ethan within a half hour. But he fell asleep first today. Every time he's woken up, she's slept through it, so that's not so bad. It's just that he's a terrible sleeper. Doesn't go to sleep, doesn't stay asleep, takes forever to get back to sleep. It's very frustrating, especially since he's cranky from being so tired all the time.

Just got him back to sleep... we'll see how long that lasts.

krisskis

Finally home. Went to the lacrosse game...the girls from wantagh took a beating and lost 23 to 8. It was a heartbreaker. This is the 4th year in a row that garden city beat us in the campionship game. Went to the hospital to see the father in law and finally got the scoop on what was actually wrong with him. Nothing TOO serious. Just finished helping 10 yr old with her anatomy homework and going to sit down to watch some TV. Hoping sleep comes easily for me tonight.Tomorrow is the daughter's boat trip out of freeport for her 5th grade graduation. 90 10 and 11 yr olds on a boat for 4 hours with food music and dancing....they need to have alcohol for the parents...LOL. And i was just informed by the 14 yr old that its supposed to be raining all day tomorrow....should be a thrill a minute.

dmc

Wow you probably could have driven home faster..There's a guy at the local bar who has a house here and in Florida. He drives the 17 hours from Florida to PA straight with his wife..He leave Florida at 4:00AM and gets here at 9:00PM..that's quite a day..especially considering $69 one way fares from the Lehigh Valley airport..

i hear ya... I love to drive...
Normally I fly out of NYC but we had a 3 day festival in Hunter and my band played the after party Sunday from 2 to 4AM.. So i was up unitl 530AM for the 3rd consecutive night... wow... not bad for a crusty 45 year old...

Didn't have the energy to drive more then an hour...

right now... I just want to get on the plane and sleep...

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Normally I fly out of NYC but we had a 3 day festival in Hunter and my band played the after party Sunday from 2 to 4AM.. So i was up unitl 530AM for the 3rd consecutive night... wow... not bad for a crusty 45 year old...

i dont like to go out if i need to get up the next morrning. it takes me two days to recover from staying up so late. when i started having tis problem i new i was not a young boy anymore.

Dr Skimeister

Want to share your take on the music at Hunter this past weekend?