• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Well, I changed the air filter on my Blazer (woohoo - all by myself!) and was going to go looking for the stuff to change the oil but the little guy woke up... and that was 30 min ago and he's still not back to sleep for good. SIGH. I feel like I spend 20 hrs a day caring for that kid. He's an awful sleeper (and tonight I even gave him ibuprofen for teething pain AND benadryl... apparently nothing will knock him out).

Hopefully your son has a ton of energy like that when he's older. Then he'll take all that energy and make a ton of $$$$ and buy you a Mercedes. My Mom didn't get that because I spend most of my energy posting on ski forums, skiing, and rapping in front of the mirror..

Right now I'm wondering if I should hit up the local bar..one side of me is saying..go it will be fun..the other side is like..you're going to drop a bunch of money and have a wicked hangover. It's like one of those books from back in the day where you can choose your adventure. For scenerio number 1. turn to page 56 and for scenerio number 2..turn to page 43. Those were some Steezy Books.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That would be nice. :D Heck, I'd be happy with an Audi, doesn't need to be a Mercedes. :D

I've used Hyland's Teething Tablets on my daughter. Her daycare provider thought they were a Godsend (she went to daycare until she was 18 months old). But for some reason, they don't seem to work as well on the little guy. He's just determined to not sleep and be miserable all the time because he's tired. Though if I get him around a bunch of other people, he doesn't act that way and I'm sure they think I'm making it up.

So right now... trying to fold laundry but I gave up on getting the little guy to go to sleep so he's awake in the living room just sitting there, half zoned-out. I'm surprised he can even sit up. When I finally do get him to bed, I have some reading and research to do.

drjeff

Right now I'm on a boat on the Hudson River heading North from Albany back towards the dock in Troy. My college's reunion cruise. Lots of :beer: being consumed along with some really embarassing stories of "past events" that happend :eek:

Paul

Right now I'm on a boat on the Hudson River heading North from Albany back towards the dock in Troy. My college's reunion cruise. Lots of :beer: being consumed along with some really embarassing stories of "past events" that happend :eek:

Then what the fark are you doing on AZ????

Greg

Staff member
was going to go looking for the stuff to change the oil...
Pay someone to do it. Changing your oil is not worth the headache to save like 10 bucks, plus have to deal with discarding the oil. I used to do all that kind of mundane stuff on my POS cars all the time and found it's just not worth it.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, I'm doing the white trash thing again and swilling cold Miller Lites from a can. :lol:

drjeff

BTW, I'm doing the white trash thing again and swilling cold Miller Lites from a can. :lol:

Bud light cans for me currently ;) But they're cold and free (okay I had to pay for the party cruise I'm on, but it's open bar once onboard;) ) :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Bud light cans for me currently ;) But they're cold and free (okay I had to pay for the party cruise I'm on, but it's open bar once onboard;) ) :beer:

I like a quality beer as much as the next guy, but as long as the shwag beer is icy cold and you drink them within 10 minutes, all is good. Gonna be a HOT weekend. Planning to crush a bunch of cans of swill.

drjeff

I like a quality beer as much as the next guy, but as long as the shwag beer is icy cold and you drink them within 10 minutes, all is good. Gonna be a HOT weekend. Planning to crush a bunch of cans of swill.

+1

drjeff

Party boat is getting ready to dock :( Time to get back on dry land and head to the brew pub that's just down the street from the dock for a few more :beer: and to watch the Celtics/Lakers game

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Pay someone to do it. Changing your oil is not worth the headache to save like 10 bucks, plus have to deal with discarding the oil. I used to do all that kind of mundane stuff on my POS cars all the time and found it's just not worth it.
The last time I did that, I ended up paying $45 at Valvoline. :eek: Whereas it cost me $12 for the oil and $5 for the oil filter. I was just going to see if I could do it. I think I have someone who will do it for me if I choose not to. I'm kind of having fun seeing how many things I thought I couldn't do that I really can. :D (Like changing the air filter...) I need my brakes done, too, but there's NO WAY I'm going to try that one. :lol:

Right now... well, my little boy has stayed asleep for 45 min now so hopefully he'll stretch it out a bit longer. So I had a little me time and now I'm going to read. :D

Greg

Staff member
The last time I did that, I ended up paying $45 at Valvoline. :eek: Whereas it cost me $12 for the oil and $5 for the oil filter. I was just going to see if I could do it. I think I have someone who will do it for me if I choose not to. I'm kind of having fun seeing how many things I thought I couldn't do that I really can. :D (Like changing the air filter...)

You got ripped off. $25 tops. I hear ya on the trying new things deal though.

krisskis

Lets see if I got this right .. your on a party boat but your still posting .. wow you got issues here my friend.

Ok this is sad...i just got hoem mfrom my pediatric residents graduatione party. I had 5 extra dirty martinis and iom feeling no pain...i think...LOL....i really have to go to bed...i have to be up atn 6:15 to wake the son up for school...damn kids cant get up on their own.Figured i would post while i drink a gallon of way=ter to head off the hangover that i may have in the morning.

Ok i just looked at the way i spelled and i think im too drunk to fix it...LOl...i will postr a hangover report in the moring....BTW...danced my ass off tonight!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ok this is sad...i just got hoem mfrom my pediatric residents graduatione party. I had 5 extra dirty martinis and iom feeling no pain...i think...LOL....i really have to go to bed...i have to be up atn 6:15 to wake the son up for school...damn kids cant get up on their own.Figured i would post while i drink a gallon of way=ter to head off the hangover that i may have in the morning.

Ok i just looked at the way i spelled and i think im too drunk to fix it...LOl...i will postr a hangover report in the moring....BTW...danced my ass off tonight!!!

quote worthy drunkin' posting worth preserving for future laughs

glad you had a good night!

I'm back from the bar..I was whoring the jukebox with Gorrilaz, Hall and Oats and INXS. I was just on the phone with my buddy Tom who lives in Montana and who skis with me at Jackson Hole. He has a 7-week old daughter. I was talking to him about an epic roadtrip next season from Salt Lake City(skiing Alta and Snowbird)..to Jackson..then Targhee..then Big Sky then Bridger Bowl and seeing some old friends in Bozeman.

Wow that's alot of Martinis..I had beer at home..and at two different bars..and my alarm is set for 6AM..make your son get up on his own..I used to have a paper-route from age 12 to 16 and I woke up at 5:15AM