• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
As I said in the other thread, my sis and her friends bailed on me tonight. So right now I'm sitting in bed, "The Bucket List" is on in the background and I think I'm going to have a nice drink or two. It will be so nice to sleep in a little tomorrow morning...though not too late because it's a couch-to-5k training day for me and I want to accomplish that early in the day.

Why do you think I'm still doing the running program? Far better than any buzz I've had from drinking. :D

I love getting a runners high..not as good as the euphoria of a powder or steezy vert day but it's up there. Last summer I ran 4 miles in 40 minutes on a hot muggy night....I meant to just run my 5k neighborhood route but I felt good and went another mile. I must have lost 5 pounds from sweat..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Yeah, I'm nowhere near that good right now. :oops: But I'll get there. My 1st 5K is July 27th so I have to get my butt in gear.

Right now... sipping some cranberry/concord grape juice with Stoli Raspberry. :D I made it a little strong, but since I'm home it's no big deal. Though I definitely have to go easy because I don't want a hangover tomorrow to contend with.

Yeah, I'm nowhere near that good right now. :oops: But I'll get there. My 1st 5K is July 27th so I have to get my butt in gear.

Right now... sipping some cranberry/concord grape juice with Stoli Raspberry. :D I made it a little strong, but since I'm home it's no big deal. Though I definitely have to go easy because I don't want a hangover tomorrow to contend with.

That sounds freaking good..I've never made a mixed drink with grape juice.

Greg

Staff member
Vodka + cran-raspberry is the shiz....

Moe Ghoul

Wake n bakin, coffee, leftover pizza, watering, took the day off yesterday and went out for late lunch and beers at Sullivan's. Burgers, calamari, raw bar, summer ales, cigars, freezing cold bar with 3 people in it. Life is good. :)

Moe Ghoul

Remounted hot tub lid hardware, draining out half the water to refill with cold water for some heatwave relief later today. Feeling like a blender drink day for sure. Checking odds on Belmont and gonna place some bets.

Eating three strips of turkey bacon..finishing off my Gazpaucho..drinking Sugar Free Red Bull..gonna get small..surfing the net..loving the fact that I have nothing up this weekend..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Eating three strips of turkey bacon
You mean you don't eat the whole package at one time?! ;) :lol:

Eating some leftover pizza. Trying to firm up my plans for tonight. Otherwise, just enjoying the silence. I did my 30 min walk/run earlier this morning and am grateful I don't have to be out in the yucky humidity right now.

You mean you don't eat the whole package at one time?! ;) :lol:

Nah..but back when I lived in Montana I would eat about a half of package in a sitting. I bought the Turkey bacon at the Farmers market. I only bought 6 thick strips and it was under 2 bucks. Except for beer..it's all about portion control..so you have more room in your stomach for beer...lol

Right now I'm freezing a bottle of water for the long walk I'm going to go on..I've got my SPF30 at the ready..cause it's blazing out there..heat index is about 100.

Moe Ghoul

WOW. Sweatler Central out there! That's it for the biking this weekend, except before 10AM. Went nuts at the store and got a dz fresh oysters I'm gonna shuck, chilean sea bass, tilapia, big scallops, shrimp, squid, sole, small amount of each for the ceviche. Time to refill the tub with icy cold water!! I hear the blender callin' my name.........

WOW. Sweatler Central out there! That's it for the biking this weekend, except before 10AM. Went nuts at the store and got a dz fresh oysters I'm gonna shuck, chilean sea bass, tilapia, big scallops, shrimp, squid, sole, small amount of each for the ceviche. Time to refill the tub with icy cold water!! I hear the blender callin' my name.........

Sa Weet..I haven't gotten my ass off the computer yet..good call on the seafood. I might have to pick up with Jumbo cocktail shrimp later..it's way to hot to cook anything in the oven. Just 2 weekends ago all the poor people with pools were bitching how cool the water was..lol..

krisskis

Ruining my 15-yr old's life by making him study for finals

Ha...my 15 yr old told me no way is he studying, he went to the beach with his friends. I am going to my daughters 2nd lacrosse game shortly to sweat some more.

Spent 4 hours in the ER last night with my son and husband as they were rear ended by a corvette while sitting at a red light yesterday evening. They were banged up and my husband had pressure in his head, so they did a cat scan of his head and all was fine...he even has a brain :) My son has a headache and stiffness in his neck and shoulders, but took some motrin and was out the door this morning. Husband went to work to do some OT...hes in construction, i guess he felt ok this morning.

Then i got to go back to the hospital at 2:30 this morning to take my best friend to the ER because he couldnt stop having seizures. Hes got a seizure disorder and his meds werent working....now hes texting me like a crazy person saying he wants to get the hell out of there!! Hes gonna have to wiat til i have a free moment...LOL. Hes an ER nurse and is probably the worst patient i have ever seen.

I'll be back tonight from work...have a good day all!! Stay cool!!

Greg

Staff member
Just finished mowing the grass. Hot out there, but not oppressive.

Warp Daddy

Ha...my 15 yr old told me no way is he studying, he went to the beach with his friends. I am going to my daughters 2nd lacrosse game shortly to sweat some more.

Spent 4 hours in the ER last night with my son and husband as they were rear ended by a corvette while sitting at a red light yesterday evening. They were banged up and my husband had pressure in his head, so they did a cat scan of his head and all was fine...he even has a brain :) My son has a headache and stiffness in his neck and shoulders, but took some motrin and was out the door this morning. Husband went to work to do some OT...hes in construction, i guess he felt ok this morning.

Then i got to go back to the hospital at 2:30 this morning to take my best friend to the ER because he couldnt stop having seizures. Hes got a seizure disorder and his meds werent working....now hes texting me like a crazy person saying he wants to get the hell out of there!! Hes gonna have to wiat til i have a free moment...LOL. Hes an ER nurse and is probably the worst patient i have ever seen.

I'll be back tonight from work...have a good day all!! Stay cool!!

Wow sorry to hear about the accident thank god they are OK .

LMAO about your comment that ER nurses being the WORST patients

Truer words were never spoken --IMHO Nurses in general are PIA's :D when in the hospital as patients - We had a ADN/RN program @ college where i worked and had a great time with that faculty
and have several nurse friends at the Hospital i am a board member at -- so i see it all the time