• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Moe Ghoul

Finished prepping the ceviche, seafood is "cooking" in the frig. Took a nice cool dip, stoked that I mowed the lawn on Thurs when it was 70. Might watch a rental, "The Walker" or "Nat'l Treasure 2". Watched "The Air I Breathe" last nite. Odd movie, I'm trying to figure out why I liked it.

wa-loaf

Sittin on the couch watching WMs Higher Ground, that is surprisingly on Encore this afternoon.

Warp Daddy

Bagged golf too hot , went sailing i earlier n the St. Lawrence for couple hrs with a friend who has a 26' Pearson sailboat awesome ride today great wind !!!

then decided to wax and detail the Sport Combi --that was a workout in this humidity - Time for Brewskis

I'm back from a very long walk..most likely the second longest walk I've taken since I did 14 miles in the Walkathon several years back. I started with just one bottom of half frozen water which thawed out quickly..After 25 minutes I passed Yoccos and stopped in there for a late lunch. I inhaled a cheesesteak and two pierogies in about 6 minutes..and took a large pink lemonade loaded with ice to go. I made my way over to the LLehigh Parkway along the little Lehigh river and took the path for about 3 miles..then I weaved my way through a posh neighborhood and made my way back into the Parkway. I found a Frisbee golf driving disc along the way which will come in handy as there is a nice FOLF course down there. I ran out of liquids but luckily I passed a few water fountains. Then I made my way back to Yoccos...2 hours and 10 minutes after I ate there. I stopped in the A-Plus mini-market nextdoor and bought a Gatorade G2 and a bottle of water. I sat under a tree in Cedar Beach park and slammed down the drinks. Then I walked the mile and a half back to my place..mainly uphill. I stepped on the scale and despite all the fluids I consumed..I was down 4 pounds so I need more water to hydrate myself. I just got out of a cold shower and I'm DFT..Dead F#cking tired. In total I estimate my walk to be 10-11 miles and 3 hours in temperatures in the low to mid 90s.

Terry

Sawed about 6 cords of wood this morning, then mowed and trimmed the lawn. Right now I am drinking a cold beer and relaxing.

drjeff

Congrats..how long was the drive?

Drive was about 295 (depending on how accurate the tee box yardage/sprinkler head markers were). Closest to the pin was 3'7" on a 155 yard hole :) The scary thing for me is that's 2 straight weeks where I won BOTH closest to the pin AND long drive in the tourney I was playing in! I'm hittin' the ball pretty well right now! :)

Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room with my wife having a couple of cold beers and deciding which restaurant we're going to goto tonight after we watch The Belmont at Big Brown's quest for the triple crown!

Warp Daddy

Just fiished some Great grilled Chicken on the barbi with some homemade german style potato salad and nice salad and mucho cervaso ala Corona :D gonna watch Big Brown do his thing now !!

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
woke up from a nap. the heat just sucks the life out of you. it had to be well over 100 on the roof of the club. just poped a grolsch and got some Woodford Reserve for sippin later.
this heat is just wrong it was july hot today. i need snow temps in the 30's.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I'm back from a very long walk..most likely the second longest walk I've taken since I did 14 miles in the Walkathon several years back. I started with just one bottom of half frozen water which thawed out quickly..After 25 minutes I passed Yoccos and stopped in there for a late lunch. I inhaled a cheesesteak and two pierogies in about 6 minutes..and took a large pink lemonade loaded with ice to go. I made my way over to the LLehigh Parkway along the little Lehigh river and took the path for about 3 miles..then I weaved my way through a posh neighborhood and made my way back into the Parkway. I found a Frisbee golf driving disc along the way which will come in handy as there is a nice FOLF course down there. I ran out of liquids but luckily I passed a few water fountains. Then I made my way back to Yoccos...2 hours and 10 minutes after I ate there. I stopped in the A-Plus mini-market nextdoor and bought a Gatorade G2 and a bottle of water. I sat under a tree in Cedar Beach park and slammed down the drinks. Then I walked the mile and a half back to my place..mainly uphill. I stepped on the scale and despite all the fluids I consumed..I was down 4 pounds so I need more water to hydrate myself. I just got out of a cold shower and I'm DFT..Dead F#cking tired. In total I estimate my walk to be 10-11 miles and 3 hours in temperatures in the low to mid 90s.

you are just wrong in the head. it was way to hot here in the city to be doing anything. swampass is becoming a serrious problem. i need to get more underamor undies.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just got home from seeing "Sex and the City" and dinner with my friend. Called it an early night. I'm pretty tired so I may actually go to bed soon. I know I threaten that every night, but I really am exhausted. The heat is awful. I'm wilting!

I'm surprised that my apartment is still cool from my one air conditioning unit..the key was that I cranked it up on Thursday night and it's been running continuously since then. Earlier when I took a nap..I was lying on my couch and I was too chilly so I used a blanket.

Right now I just cracked open beer number 2..I'm going to drink alot tonight..I'm still a little dehydrated from my long walk and I have nothing on my agenda tomorrow so I can sleep late. I'm glad I'm not playing golf tomorrow.

you are just wrong in the head. it was way to hot here in the city to be doing anything. swampass is becoming a serrious problem. i need to get more underamor undies.

Hahaha about swampass..When I got back from my 3 hour walk my clothes went right into the hamper..and were just soaked. Maybe I'll do a similar walk tomorrow..why not..I have another 15 pounds I want to lose..in three weeks I'm going to Virginia with family and I'm definitely not ready to walk around with no shirt on. Down there it will be even hotter..The water in the lake is going to be like bath water..doh

Greg

Staff member
Lit an outdoor fire and chilled with the wife out there over some beers.

Moe Ghoul

Eating some ice cream and channel surfing. I stopped on one channel because there was this really hot tall blonde twirling around dancing. So, I kept watching and it turns out it's some gay awards show. So, I catch her name as Candis Cayne, she stars on some show called Dirty Sexy Money. So, I google her name cuz she's really hot. So, I wonder why she's co-MCing this awards show. So, it turns out she used to be a he. So, now I'm really disturbed, confused and having a personal crying game.

Eating some ice cream and channel surfing. I stopped on one channel because there was this really hot tall blonde twirling around dancing. So, I kept watching and it turns out it's some gay awards show. So, I catch her name as Candis Cayne, she stars on some show called Dirty Sexy Money. So, I google her name cuz she's really hot. So, I wonder why she's co-MCing this awards show. So, it turns out she used to be a he. So, now I'm really disturbed, confused and having a personal crying game.

ahahahahahahahaha...dude looks like a lady...

I just cracked beer #4..I'm eating my second slice of California Pizza Kitchen thincrust..pretty freaking good for frozen pizza. With my oven at 400 degrees for the 15 minutes..my place got noticeably warmer..doh

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just woke up from a nap.

I had a messed up night last night. Even though I didn't have the kids to wake up for, I woke up at 2:20AM and couldn't fall back asleep. When it got to be 4:40AM, I decided to get up and do something. So I went for a walk/run around downtown at 5AM for 35 min (lots of hills, too). Figured I'd be tired after that, but I wasn't... it wasn't until after I showered, dressed, did my hair, etc. that I started to fade... and I passed out again around 6:45/7AM.

So I guess I should get to the laundry and other stuff I should be doing...