• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

Waiting for the heat to kick in in the office! One of my front desk staff was in over the weekend doing some extra paperwork and she forgot to leave the heat on at 56 as we usually do in cold weather. So when I walked into the office a little while ago it was a "balmy 48" inside to complement the 29 it was outside.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
waiting for the coffee to finish. wife is pissed at me because it was 54 in here when she woke up for work. I didn't help matters by telling here there's only 11 days to November and then I'll turn the heat on.

drjeff

waiting for the coffee to finish. wife is pissed at me because it was 54 in here when she woke up for work. I didn't help matters by telling here there's only 11 days to November and then I'll turn the heat on.

I will admit that I've not only turned on the heat in the house (low 50's in the kids rooms a few morning and the resulting "kid-sicles" convinced me ;) ), but I also tweaked the programmable thermostats to come on a few minutes earlier in the AM, so that I won't have COLD tile to stand on in the bathroom - my wife was asking me why I did that, and my only answer to her was "you take the 1st shower BEFORE the heat comes on in the bathroom and find out" ;)

Warp Daddy

Back at the computer, getting my head back into my take-home midterm exam.

I remember THAT variety of test -- always were MORE difficult it seemed than sitting for an exam for some reason -- perhaps because the prof has a compulsive drive to use multi-ordinal language to mess with your mind :>)

Personally , i NEVER believed in that method myself -- i used to say to my students "this course is an easy course" You 'll get an A ----------------if you listen , take good notes , come to class and participate i'll TEACH you THE ANSWERS, ------ because my JOB is to MAKE WINNERS out of MY students . i used the SAME philosophy when I COACHED hoops and XC at the college as a younger guy and later on as an educational leader

AS a prof , I would always ask SOME questions that made them "synthesize" and project , but much material was from class lecture and projects

Good luck ---

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
It's actually not terrible. I get to choose 1 of 3 questions to write a 4 page essay. It's just that it's been so long since I've written an analytical paper that I'm having some issues organizing my thoughts. I swear I donated half my brain to my kids through pregnancy. :oops: I also changed my mind mid-stream on which question I wanted to answer, so I lost some time there. This professor is from Ireland and is very particular about what she expects in papers; and she expects different things than my other prof. So that adds some extra anxiety in being sure that I provide her with a paper in her prescribed format.

I'll get through it... if I can get 5 minutes of uninterrupted time. So far, I haven't had 2. :roll:

dmc

Vegas Airport...

Waiting for flight... Suffering a hnagover.. Saw the Beatles - LOVE - Cirque de' Solie last night.... Amazing...

Can't wait to get back to reality(mountain top) after 10 days here...

Fun day at work..office manager is out dealing with sick kid..I'm heading to the bank in a few because a CD has matured..mailman just came..fun fun fun

Dr Skimeister

Trying to convince one of my hospitalized patients that the lasagna and turkey that the dog sitter gave him was what caused his acute pancreatitis. Then I'll have to try to convince the dog sitter to NOT give the hound anything but dog food in the future!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Finished my midterm take-home exam essay. Woohoo! Showered, laundry is going, soup in the micro, and I'm about to start reading The Last of the Angels by Fadhil al-Azzawi.

In charge of the office...answering phones..sending out approval sketches..filing..The boss is at Target so I gave him $40 to pick up a gift card for my Mom..today is her birthday..we're going to....Outback Steakhouse..No Rules Just Right...I just got take-out from there...I thought we were going to go to Don Shulas steakhouse which just opened up but they're saving that for another time..

drjeff

Filling out the charts from today. Then it's a quick change into my Patriots fan gear, and a quick stop at the convienence store for 20lbs of ice to re stock the coolers and off to Gillette Stadium :)

Warp Daddy

Just back from playing golf 3rd time since Thursday - today i needed a full wind/rain suit and fall golf gloves it was pretty cold out therw but still did fine was 43/42--85