• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee 3/29/08

reefer

Did a quick day trip Saturday. Was shocked to see the first lot 80% full at 8:10 when I pulled in. The reason was a massive party already well underway on the "beach". Grills had been going for hours and the front row of vehicles were actually left Friday night for that "gold" spot. The Lodge and lift lines were never a problem with crowds. They were all there for the festivities including the Slush Cup.
Skiing was great with that 6" Friday! Most of my runs were in the glades (go figure) since 98% of the trails were groomed. Cataract (my favorite), and Summit were done several times! Really nice trails! Did a few runs down a couple bump runs which were in great shape after the snow. Pretty cool and windy for March 29! Only saw the slush cup from the lift, skied through it til 2:00 then got the hell out of there ahead of everyone. Glad I went to Sunapee and it was 100% open! Great vibe out there Saturday. The skiing looked great everywhere this weekend based on all your reports.
Pics are - cataract glades, more trees, mellow bumps, slush cup course (early 11:30 - should have took one later, it was lined with people, several deep, all the way up), tailgating party.

Last edited:

Rushski

Skied there Friday and the trees were all excellent. You are on the money with Cataract and Summit Glades as excellent trails. On Friday even the regular trails were all ungroomed as they couldn't keep up w/the early dumping.

Were the regular trails groomed hard for Saturday?

reefer

Were the regular trails groomed hard for Saturday?

Everything was groomed but it was sweet packed powder. No scraping was heard all day. If you like groomers they were as good as they get for carving saturday! Conditions were excellent throughout the hill.

Ice Queen

Anyone been up to Sunapee more recently? I'm thinking about heading up on Sunday.