• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Help: Stolen Skis @ Canon on 3/30

skibumnh

I know a lot of you guys are cannon skiers, some cannon patrollers and/or instructors. If you can keep an eye out for some 160cm 06-07 Purple K2 Phat Luvs w/Chrome Solly Z12's (They have two different colored brakes, 1 w/gray ends and 1 with black ends). They were taken from the railing by the gate on the pub deck on Sunday 3/30 between 3:30 and 4:00 pm. Took the poles too (Standard issue black scott poles with copper colored writing)

There was another pair of 160 Phat Luv's left behind (with Marker's) that the manager picked up at the end of the day, so I'm really holding out that this was an honest mistake and that someone in a drunken/sunstroked stupor grabbed the wrong sticks. Unfortunately even if that is the case, its not likely that person is going to notice until next December.

If anyone has any info or spots them on the slopes or in a shop, please PM me.

tcharron

Suprised no one has ever gotten into the business of setting up theft deterrent systems for things like skis. Simple RFID chip inside the ski, receivers installed at lifts which would just turn on a small red flashy with a buzzer when skis/boards/boots with a chip that have been reported 'stolen'. Hell, equipment fees would be cheap as all heck for this, offer to install the prevention system for free in large ski areas.

Anyone got 200 grand to put down on it? :-D

twinplanx

Happened to me years ago at Sugarloaf. The other guy and I both had K-2 fours, and both of us hung our poles on the tips of our skiis. His were a couple rows over and one column away. His were also about 3 sizes longer than mine. How could he not notice. But he didn't....

So we watched as folks headed to the parking lot, while holding his skiis. Finally, we gave up and headed to the security station to turn in his skiis, hoping he would realize he had mine at some point and return them to Sugarloaf, and then I could eventually get mine back. It's not like thy were new skiis, i think they were about 5 years old at the time.

As we are walking towards security, we pas the gear shop at the loaf, and there are my skiis outside the door. So I walk in, loudly asking who skiis are these. The guy getting his boots fitted says those are his, they were behind the door outside. At that point, I corrected him and said the skiis he carried behind the door are mine. He left these, his, at the ski corral. Here you are. Now where are my poles.

Honest mistake. I still feel like he was an idiot, but alls well that ends well.

Would of been nice if he was having them waxed and tuned...:wink:

BeanoNYC

Suprised no one has ever gotten into the business of setting up theft deterrent systems for things like skis. Simple RFID chip inside the ski, receivers installed at lifts which would just turn on a small red flashy with a buzzer when skis/boards/boots with a chip that have been reported 'stolen'.

Hell, I'd report AndyZee's skis stolen every week.