AZ Needs more hikers.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

AZ Needs more hikers.

Hey everyone. I use the AZ all the time, especially in the winter for skiing. However, the hiking and backpacking forums seem to be pretty empty most of the year. Is there anyone on here that covers the North East Pennsylvania region of Hiking. I know the North east in general pretty well, but there are always questions and or info that would be nice to share. If anyone has any questions, Basically I have covered most of the Poconos, Appalachian Trail, and many State and National parks in the NJ/PA area. I go out pretty much every weekend if not more often than that, anyone else out here on here?

-Kevin
    Snow, Ice, Wind, Heat, and Humidity; Experience the world.
    Ski what you can, hike and climb what you can't. Use the rubbers(cycle) for distance.

Most of us are New England & New York bound. I think I have a total of three hikes in PA, all only a couple of hours long. The Pinnacle offered a great view & not too hard to get to from the highway.

Mt. Davis on the other hand..... I should be in PA again this summer, hopefully I can get another hike in when I'm there. We'll use you for information when we get questions.

IMO, we do better in the summer as the majority of the readership are skiers so while the ski community talks skiing all year, they do hike & mountain bike in the off-season.
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

I've done Deleware Watergap, NJ side, many times and have always enjoyed it. However last year I found some nice spots in NY that I enjoy and have been getting a lot into the Adirondacks this past fall. I'm in NE NJ so, NW NJ or South NYS amounts to about the same thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Linked View Post
    Hey everyone. I use the AZ all the time, especially in the winter for skiing. However, the hiking and backpacking forums seem to be pretty empty most of the year. Is there anyone on here that covers the North East Pennsylvania region of Hiking. I know the North east in general pretty well, but there are always questions and or info that would be nice to share. If anyone has any questions, Basically I have covered most of the Poconos, Appalachian Trail, and many State and National parks in the NJ/PA area. I go out pretty much every weekend if not more often than that, anyone else out here on here?

-Kevin
    Wait, there are hiking forums?

i tried hiking, just cant get into it...once the weather turns warm and I've hot waxed the skis for the final time, I'm in beach mode...life revolves around wind, tides, swells...sailing, kayaking,surfing, waterskiing and blending frozen cocktails on the beach with the TailGator, its all about the sand and the water.....being inland and in the woods in the summer freaks me out for some reason (no offense to anyone that loves it, we all have our own things) just cant do it....
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Quote Originally Posted by SKIQUATTRO View Post
    i tried hiking, just cant get into it...once the weather turns warm and I've hot waxed the skis for the final time, I'm in beach mode...life revolves around wind, tides, swells...sailing, kayaking,surfing, waterskiing and blending frozen cocktails on the beach with the TailGator, its all about the sand and the water.....being inland and in the woods in the summer freaks me out for some reason (no offense to anyone that loves it, we all have our own things) just cant do it....
    I was starting to get into winter hiking when I realized if i hike more in the winter I will have to ski less. So instead of killing myself in the winter Ill leave the winter to the slopes and the fall and summer to the mountains. Its a nice trade off.

PS alpinezone is greatly apreciated source of information and updates on trips and conditions. There arent to many noob freindly hiking forums out there that have a pretty decent and up to date readership. Thanks AZ lol

Quote Originally Posted by SKIQUATTRO View Post
    The beaches on long island are amazing. I lived in east morcihes for 25 years and Cupsogue was one of the most relaxing beutiful beaches I have ever chilled on.

Quote Originally Posted by LongStep View Post
    Thanks AZ lol

Don't mention it.

I hike quite alot in the summer, usually. I'll be able to post some TRs and info once my summer season starts. Actually, i'm going hiking thsi weekend.
    my photo site.
    Frigid Light.

Thread Information