• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Mountain bike ride - CT/MA area

Greg

Staff member
No worries! Give me a heads up if you want to ride. Maybe by that time Greg will have grown some balls and will come with us.

The pedals and shoes I scored on eBay came today. Gonna try to get out with pow this weekend.

powhunter

gotta hit it early....90 degrees...Ill make sure the cooler is packed with apre-ride beverages

steveo

powhunter

Im thinking about the top ridge of meriden mountain its a mix of single track, fire roads, ups and downs and mud puddle explosions its about a 2 hr ride...there may be a more detailed description on bikerag.com. anyone else??? Tim?? Brian??

steve :daffy:

bvibert

Staff member
Im thinking about the top ridge of meriden mountain its a mix of single track, fire roads, ups and downs and mud puddle explosions its about a 2 hr ride...there may be a more detailed description on bikerag.com. anyone else??? Tim?? Brian??

I'd love to, but Sunday is no good for me. Keep me in mind for the next ride. I've never ridden Meriden mountain before.

MR. evil

What time Sunday?

Greg

Staff member
10....11????

steve

Thought you wanted to do early!? "Early" is all relative, I guess. :lol: I was thinking 8. Could even do earlier. Gonna be hot by 10 am.

MR. evil

Thought you wanted to do early!? "Early" is all relative, I guess. :lol: I was thinking 8. Could even do earlier. Gonna be hot by 10 am.

If I can make it on Sunday I would prefer it a bit earlier than 10 or 11. But don't schedule this ride around me as I am still up in the air. My back and neck are really bothering me tonight and I am currently deciding weather or not to cancel a ride I have planned for the morning

Greg

Staff member
If I can make it on Sunday I would prefer it a bit earlier than 10 or 11. But don't schedule this ride around me as I am still up in the air. My back and neck are really bothering me tonight and I am currently deciding weather or not to cancel a ride I have planned for the morning

Yeah - I'd like to be back at the homestead before 11 if possible so I'm down with between 7 and 8, especially considering the temps.

o3jeff

I'd might be in for this, again, early is better for me.

Also what are you guys packing for repair kits now a days? Or are you like me and just ride with a lot of hope, and that is hope nothing breaks or goes wrong.

Greg

Staff member
I'd might be in for this, again, early is better for me.

Also what are you guys packing for repair kits now a days? Or are you like me and just ride with a lot of hope, and that is hope nothing breaks or goes wrong.

I'm a hope guy. Hoping that nothing breaks, or that other will help me. :lol: Seriously, I have a small all in one which is basically just a bunch of allen wrenches. One thing I do bring along is a ton of cluelessness of how to actually fix anything though. :dunce:

Still learning and having fun being the resident MTB gaper.

MR. evil

I'm a hope guy. Hoping that nothing breaks, or that other will help me. :lol: Seriously, I have a small all in one which is basically just a bunch of allen wrenches. One thing I do bring along is a ton of cluelessness of how to actually fix anything though. :dunce:

Still learning and having fun being the resident MTB gaper.

in my camelback I have the following:

(2) tubes
Tire irons
small pump
Spoke wrench
Chain tool
Multi tool
Allen wrenches / hex keys
(2) small adjustable wrench
patch kit (just incase the 2 tubes are not enough)
Knife
small first aid kit
bug spray (actually bug wipes)

Greg

Staff member
ok ok early it is.....is 8 ok for you guys??

steve

8 am is perfect. Where are we meeting?

I tried to talk Grassi into coming out with his vintage Giant, but I couldn't convince him... Pat is on kid duty this weekend too. Let's do a roll call:

Greg
powhunter

This is gonna be fun!

powhunter

greg the best way for you to go is.....8 south to 84east to 691 west get off the west main st exit and the park is on the left.....meet at the parking lot by the pool at 8?

steve

Grassi21

8 am is perfect. Where are we meeting?

I tried to talk Grassi into coming out with his vintage Giant, but I couldn't convince him... Pat is on kid duty this weekend too. Let's do a roll call:

Greg
powhunter

This is gonna be fun!

The bike is a mess. But I would like to get out with you fools at some point.

MR. evil

I still don;t know if I will be able to make it. It did end up riding about 15 miles this morning, took about 2.5 hours. My back & neck felt really bad for the first hour but then they loosened up and now feel really good. But I am not sure how they will feel tonight. This mornings ride was brutal! Lots of mud from yesterdays rain, and even worse were the rocks. My 'back yard' trail as I call it has lots of ledge, and that stuff was slippery:-o. Ended up taking a few nice falls on the rock. Today was one of those days I wish I was riding platform pedals.