• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Mountain bike ride - CT/MA area

Grassi21

You've got all of today to tune it up.... ;)

Tune up? I wouldn't know step 1 in tuning a bike. The bike sat in my parents garage for many many years. About 1.5 years ago I had a major check-up/tune done to it. Expect for the gear shifter that I exploded, the bike is in good shape. But as you can imagine, not being able to use the front shifter could present some problems.

Greg

Staff member
But as you can imagine, not being able to use the front shifter could present some problems.

No worries. Just get the chain on the middle or inner ring and roll with it! :lol: This will just further level the playing field a bit more so I can keep up. ;)

powhunter

I still don;t know if I will be able to make it. It did end up riding about 15 miles this morning, took about 2.5 hours. My back & neck felt really bad for the first hour but then they loosened up and now feel really good. But I am not sure how they will feel tonight. This mornings ride was brutal! Lots of mud from yesterdays rain, and even worse were the rocks. My 'back yard' trail as I call it has lots of ledge, and that stuff was slippery:-o. Ended up taking a few nice falls on the rock. Today was one of those days I wish I was riding platform pedals.

nice........now just rehab it the rest of the day...and youll be all set for tomorrow!!

steve

Greg

Staff member
Greg
powhunter
jonnypoach

this might get a little FN crazy...

steve

Ha ha! The Poacher! Sweet. Does he ride regularly? I think I'm gonna have to bust out the video cam!

Greg

Staff member
allrighty....got a decent crew....

Yep. This is gonna be rad. Any other takers? Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT, parking lot by the pool, tomorrow at 8 am.

Greg

Staff member
Leaving in a few. See you out there!

MR. evil

Sorry I didn't get out there with you guys, I bet it was a blast. I woke up this morning and my back wasn't feeling so hot. I think I may have over done things a bit on yesterdays mornings ride. The 3 falls I took on some slippery rocks didn't help much.

Once I heard this details on this ride Friday night I was seriously thinking of canceling yesterdays ride just so I could make this one. But earlier in the week the local MTB guru offered to show me a ton a new trails right in my back yard on Saturday morning. It was such a great offer I couldn't bring myself to cancel. Oh well, next time.

Edit: I should be able to ride next Sunday morning. Saturday morning I will helping out my local MTB guru with a kids ride he is leading at one of the easier local rides. Just my way of thanking him for the 10 miles of new trails he showed me yesterday.

Last edited: