• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Exclamation New Policy: Lift Ticket Voucher Sales No Longer Allowed

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah there are, does that mean no one dare ask a question or state an opinion?

I'm assuming this was directed at me. Greg has been pretty forth coming with what he deems appropriate. Why don't you look around a bit and know what's going on before formulating an opinion or snappin' at others who support Greg's decision.

Free vouchers fine, for sale vouchers not fine. Keep things on the DL through talking in private, but by all means if the day approaches and you have a free voucher, make a thread.

It's really NOT that harsh of a 'rule'.

I'm assuming this was directed at me. Greg has been pretty forth coming with what he deems appropriate. Why don't you look around a bit and know what's going on before formulating an opinion or snappin' at others who support Greg's decision.

Free vouchers fine, for sale vouchers not fine. Keep things on the DL through talking in private, but by all means if the day approaches and you have a free voucher, make a thread.

It's really NOT that harsh of a 'rule'.

Does that mean people can't sell skis here anymore..because it's hurting the ski shops???

deadheadskier

Staff member
Does that mean people can't sell skis here anymore..because it's hurting the ski shops???

Dude, you need to take a safety break and chill. If you disagree with his decision, discuss it with him via private message. Ranting about it and trying to stir up a bees nest of support probably isn't going to get you very far.

Dude, you need to take a safety break and chill. If you disagree with his decision, discuss it with him via private message. Ranting about it and trying to stir up a bees nest of support probably isn't going to get you very far.

It's a forum...and others agree with me..I always thought one of the cool things about AZ is that people hook others up with discount/free vouchers..but I'm just a lowly poster so what I say doesn't matter..lol

Euler

So,this forum prohibits the sale of vouchers which usually are imprinted with the message that it is illegal to sell them???

Sounds reasonable.

Sounds sensible.

Sounds legal.

highpeaksdrifter

. Why don't you look around a bit and know what's going on before formulating an opinion or snappin' at others who support Greg's decision.
'.

deadheadskier;255300[B said:
]....there are other message boards you know[/B]

I asked what the deal was, maybe I should have taken the time to try to find it first myself. I don't read every thread. It was your AZ love it or leave it take that I took exception to.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was your AZ love it or leave it take that I took exception to.

fair enough...perhaps I was a bit curt

I guess I just thought Greg was pretty fair concerning the whole deal and thought GSS and Adironder were squabling against his decision in a juvenile manor.

2knees

Personally, i'd rather have the participation of the industry reps than be able to buy or sell vouchers. I'll still give away tickets and coupons i cant use. The industry people who post here and at times ski with us is one of the things that separates this board from most others.

highpeaksdrifter

Personally, i'd rather have the participation of the industry reps than be able to buy or sell vouchers. I'll still give away tickets and coupons i cant use. The industry people who post here and at times ski with us is one of the things that separates this board from most others.

I’d take it a step further. It doesn’t matter if you’re ski buddies with industry reps or not. If it says on the voucher that it cannot be resold it would be unethical to promote that practice and it would set Greg up as being perceived unethical. I don’t think any ski area would want to advertise with someone promoting an illegal policy that is contrary to their best business interest.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I’d take it a step further. It doesn’t matter if you’re ski buddies with industry reps or not. If it says on the voucher that it cannot be resold it would be unethical to promote that practice and it would set Greg up as being perceived unethical. I don’t think any ski area would want to advertise with someone promoting an illegal policy that is contrary to their best business interest.

BINGO

bottom line

Greg

Staff member
It's all about the mighty dollar!

Cha-ching! :lol:

2knees

Yeah, it certainly could be taken the step further. But i'm not trying to speak for greg or the percieved morality of the board in general. simply saying the participation of these guys outweighs the bucks saved by some people on the rather rare occasions these things get offered up for sale. Which also makes me laugh that a couple of posters seem to have gotten their panties in a bunch over the bannig of it. Its not like there is a sticky with a bunch of comps and vouchers for sale everyday. I think some people just love to bitch.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski Vermont voucher
"Individual coupons are transferrable to the pass purchaser's designee but are not intended for resale outside place of business which purchases pass.... Ski Pass is not for resale and tickets issued may not be resold under any circumstance."

Ski NH Voucher:
"These vouchers are part of a ...pass which is being sold to a business for the use of its employees and families, customers and/or suppliers, or to an individual for use by his/her family and friends. Public resale to other parties via any form of advertising (including Ebay or Craigslist) or transfer of vouchers on the property of any Ski NH resort is strictly prohibited..."