• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camping Norther Mass or S. Vermont.

BeanoNYC

I'm toying with the idea of camping in the titled areas tonight. I was going to camp Molly Stark but the VT Parks website says there is no camping until Memorial Day. Do they really enforce this? Any other suggestions?

UnaBonger

To the best of my knowledge, they don't really enforce that... It's more of a first come first served type thing and some of the amenities may be turned off...

arik

there is a nice public (and reportedly bong-friendly) campground near Molly Stark state park in Marlboro VT, called Moss Hollow Campground (in case you can't get into Molly Stark), it's on Moss Hollow road whiche would be on a local map

I found a link with a map:
http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/118334.html

also worth checking out nearby is the nearby public beach at Harriman resevoir (not for camping just to visit), take route 9 west 1-2 miles from Molly stark, turn Left on Route 100 South at intersection, go 3 miles or so, turn right when you see sign for Flames Stables and go to the end of that road there is a public beach with picnic area and BBQ pits as well as some trails, beware there is a nudist beach 1/2 mile north on one of the trails

Last edited:

UnaBonger

there is a nice public (and reportedly bong-friendly) campground near Molly Stark state park in Marlboro VT, called Moss Hollow Campground (in case you can't get into Molly Stark), it's on Moss Hollow road whiche would be on a local map

I just took a look at that link and it sounds like a very nice spot... I've just added it to my list of campgrounds to visit this summer :)

a reportedly bong-friendly campground is a bonus!

BeanoNYC

I live in what the real estate people are now calling South Harlem (SOHA)

Ahhhh....the upper upper upper west side, you mean. Cool area. Check the groups section here. (In your user cp) One of our members is trying to put together a NYC group. Welcome aboard!

tree_skier

There is free camping at the somerset airport. it is open year round (primative) and first come first serve. gets pretty full in summer but lots of spce spring and fall.