• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Middle Sugarloaf - 04/27/2008

Mike P.

b]Date(s) Hiked:[/b] 04-27-2008

Trails(s) Hiked: Zealand Road, Sugarloaf Trail

Total Distance: with road walk about 4.9 miles RT, about 1040 of elevation gain

Difficulty: pretty easy

Conditions: Unlike Field & Willey, this trail had almost no snow, just a smattering just below the stairs. A couple of easily stepped over trees, had to go around one on the trail above the junction.

Special Required Equipment: None, it was nice to hike in trail shoes & ot carry all the winter gear like earlier in the day!

Trip Report: It had been gray & rainy during my morning hike but the weather began to break some in the late afternoon. This was a great Spring trip & felt like spring instead of winter.

Mike P.

MAPaggioli4000@comcast.net

Mike P.

When they were giving out names over there, I believe Hale was part of the grouping

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Ahhh.
One of these days I want to head up there and 'whack from Hale over the 'Loaves. There are also Hale sub-peaks (some on lists) with great ledges and views, or so I'm told.

Mike P.

It only takes a little bit of whacking toget to some from the Lend-A-Hand trail. Not even sure the one I'm thinking of is a whacking trip, it may be a short spur.

Now for the whacking enthusist, I hear you can crawl a bit from Zealand's summit to some great views. You can see the bare slope (spots) from South Twin.

Last edited: