• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Drastic Quiver changes in 2008?

powbmps

My quiver has gone retro. I tried going with some wider skis.

Started the season on 184 Scott P3. At 84mm underfoot it's the widest ski I've ever had.

Once I tried my 175 Dynastar Twisters, I couldn't go back.

Just found a mint old pair of 195 Dynastar Assaults to complete the reversal :).

However I did make the switch from a Lange 120 to a Krypton Pro. Love them now that I've got the liners sorted out.

Last edited:

jack97

Just found a mint old pair of 195 Dynastar Assaults to complete the reversal :).

Next spring, I can see it now, the assaults and neon... definitely retro.

However I did make the switch from a Lange 120 to a Krypton Pro. Love them now that I've got the liners sorted out.

I found a sweet deal on a brand new krypton cross, couldn't resist so I pulled the trigger, just got to figure out how to sneak it home.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My dream is that some day someone puts a pair of Rossi 4M's up on ebay that were minimally used. I picked up some Retro clothing this winter to get back to my late 80's self, just need the skis to complement and lose about 30 pounds to :lol:

2knees

My dream is that some day someone puts a pair of Rossi 4M's up on ebay that were minimally used. I picked up some Retro clothing this winter to get back to my late 80's self, just need the skis to complement and lose about 30 pounds to :lol:

I never liked the 4m's. Never liked the 4s's either though. I thought the k2 KVC comp was the best ski for bumps back in the day. I even bought a pair of K2 Gyrators when they came out but i busted 2 pair in less than a season. Turns out they had a design flaw.

what any of that has to do with the topic at hand eludes me but i'm bored a shit right now.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I never liked the 4m's. Never liked the 4s's either though. I thought the k2 KVC comp was the best ski for bumps back in the day. I even bought a pair of K2 Gyrators when they came out but i busted 2 pair in less than a season. Turns out they had a design flaw.

what any of that has to do with the topic at hand eludes me but i'm bored a shit right now.

I had one pair and loved em', but it was like 8th and 9th grade for me, so who knows what I would think today. I disliked the 7M. After I outgrew the 4M's I switched over to Salomon Force 9 3s, which were awesome for the first thirty days, then turned to mush. They also delaminated very easily. I bought one pair, but owned 4 over the course of their 2 year warranty.

jack97

what any of that has to do with the topic at hand eludes me...

It's a hijack about going retro.....

Speaking of which;
F17; 103.8/66.6/89.2 for 175 length or greater, 104/64/92 for 168 length or less

Those dimension are approaching circa early 2000, all mountain and recreational slalom skis :eek:

Trekchick

It's a hijack about going retro.....

Speaking of which;
F17; 103.8/66.6/89.2 for 175 length or greater, 104/64/92 for 168 length or less

Those dimension are approaching circa early 2000, all mountain and recreational slalom skis :eek:

I love the retro chatter. Fascinates me! As for the 168 at 104/64/92. Its pretty skinny for my quiver, but that ski freakin' Rocks!

kcyanks1

After using my previous skis for around 6 years, I finally got new ones .. Head Monster 88s. Used them 3 days so far and having a lot of fun on them. My old ones were in dire need of replacement, having no edges and base. When I took them into a shop for a pre-season tune-up (never did the end-of-season tuneup), I was told it wasn't worth it and they couldn't do anything. I say to just do the best they could, but knew at that point I couldn't wait any longer for new skis. When I started demoing I was amazed at what it is like to have edges :)

Mildcat

My quiver before the season. Does one pair qualify as a quiver? K2 Apache Crossfires. 167 cm.

DSCN0124.jpg

My quiver at the end of the season. Does two pair qualify as a quiver? Dynastar legend 8000's. 172 cm.

DSCN0125.jpg

I love both skis. The Crossfires have a .5 base and 3 side edge bevel so they'll grip the hardest of east coast hardpack and the legends float like a dream on softer snow. By far the two best pairs of skis I've owned.

madskier6

I don't have before & after pics but here's my Family's quiver at the end of the 2008 season.

IMG_0383.jpg

L to R: Burton Punch (11 yr old son's), Capita Travis Parker's Texas (14 yr old son's), Volkl Gotama (mine), Atomic Metron B5 (mine), Volkl Racetiger GS Jr. (10 yr old son's), Volkl Racetiger GS Jr. (15 yr old daughter's), Salomon Streetracer 08W (15 yr old daughter's) & K2 T:Nine One Luv (Wife's)

This year I added the Gotamas, both pairs of Racetigers & the Travis Parker snowboard. I'm hoping to add a pair of Atomic LT12 race skis for me this summer.

I went fatter by adding the Gotamas (105 mm waist) as my powder & spring ski. They are phenomenal skis. Fat is where it's at! :lol: I just float over everything in those bad boys.

bigbog

...those 94+ freight trains are fun...

.........And the best of the bunch. The Bros!
174 Softs which are not soft in any manner 99 under foot, tons of fun, stable like no ones business, Freakin Freight trains!!!
Eeeee Gads I love to ski!

Are the freight trains fun on a moderately deep morning or what!
That's a nice bunch of skis Trekchick! Love my Liberty Hazmats (94mm) in deep stuff....and I pick up my Mythics tomorrow..(on the cheap...we'll see!) ...those Eos's look interesting too!

$.01

Last edited:

Trekchick

Are the freight trains fun on a moderately deep morning or what!
Liberty Hazmats (94mm)....:cool: (bamboo sidewalls makes them feel...just different ...not as heavy :cool:) ...but they DO need some space...the Mythics can handle tighter quarters a lot easier.

$.01
I skied on the Bros at Breck with 8 inches of fresh, and again at Abasin with 10+ inches of fresh. OMG, Snowgasms abound!!!