• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

Geoff

Long live the Carhartt skiers! Saw one at Mt. Snow on closing day. toughest apparel known to man.

That guy was parked 2 cars from me. I did a double-take. You don't see carpenter overalls on the hill very often in the east. I've skied at places like Monarch on Texas spring break. Carhartt seemed to be high fashion there. Everybody looked like Sean Penn's brother in Footloose. Of course, my Gore Tex shell pants have a big hole in the shin where I must have hit a branch the wrong way.

I'm useless in this thread. I haven't had intact ACLs in decades so I don't ski the zipper line. My idea of earned turns is walking up Killink to ski Northstar and Great Bear at Killington after they stop running the Snowdon lifts. That's less than 5 minutes up a novice trail if you have any kind of fitness level at all. I walked up to ski Rime the first Saturday in November before Killington started spinning the lifts. I'd been walking up the mountain every weekend as a conditioning activity so putting skis and boots in a pack wasn't much different. That's an hour up a graded gravel road that a passenger car could handle if driven appropriately. I really don't have any desire to do anything much more rigerous than that.

Greg

Staff member
in my unbiased opinion, the turn earners are dominating this thread.

Nothing new. Bump skiers are used to other skiers thinking they are better than they actually are.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Nothing new. Bump skiers are used to other skiers thinking they are better than they actually are.

Greg, as I mentioned in the past, you have improved remarkably in the last couple of years. But , you have a long way to go before you can start getting arrogant, chill!

Pre-emptive defense: I know I suck, but I'm not arrogant.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, as I mentioned in the past, you have improved remarkably in the last couple of years. But , you have a long way to go before you can start getting arrogant, chill!

Pre-emptive defense: I know I suck, but I'm not arrogant.

I think you missed the point of this thread. Too many blueberries.

tcharron

Sorry but I am missing the hidden meaning here son ... are you smoking weed for lunch?

Let me clarify..

Apparently, both you and Greg require cushioning your knees. So either your both into gardening, or you simply have a whole lotta action on your knees. :stir:

Let me clarify..

Apparently, both you and Greg require cushioning your knees. So either your both into gardening, or you simply have a whole lotta action on your knees. :stir:

Did Monica Lewinsky wear kneepads?? Wait is AZ for gay skiers?? Maybe I'm in the wrong place..it sure is a sausagefest...mmmmm sausage..lol

Greg

Staff member
They're knee patches or flags. Not "pads." None of you guys would understand, cuz if you wore them they would just accentuate your feebleness.

tcharron

They're knee patches or flags. Not "pads." None of you guys would understand, cuz if you wore them they would just accentuate your feebleness.

Flags for what? To identify yourself in public? Do they come in rainbow bright colors?

tcharron

Did Monica Lewinsky wear kneepads?? Wait is AZ for gay skiers?? Maybe I'm in the wrong place..it sure is a sausagefest...mmmmm sausage..lol

That's officially next seasons question of the day... To heck with 'Does a bear shat in the woods'..

'Should my bindings be tight enough to not release?'
'Umm, Does Greg wear kneepads?'

Flags for the Gay Pride Parade, Greg's got pretty pink ones. I'm starting to think that GSS may be right about this place :daffy:

AlpineZone is the internets biggest sausage fest..if it wasn't for Severine and TrekChick..it would be a disaster..

2knees

Or spray paint in the case of JohnnyP. :lol: