• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 5/3/08

Date: 5.3.08

Resort: Sugarbush, Vermont

Conditins: corn, mush, moguls

Weather: rain at 9:30, cloudy 11 am on. Fog to halfway down Steins Run.

Woke up at 5am drove to Chesire, CT and picked up DaveA, drove to Greenfield, MA and picked up CandyMan. Drove to Warren. Arrived to rain and decied to wait. Hot up the Warren General Store for breakfast.

Went back to the hill at 10:30 and booted up. Rain had stopped. Fog remained. First run confirmed that it would be a good day. Steins top to bottom no walking anywhere. Fog rose and lowered, thickened and lighted. Saw all the bumpers that are usually on Superstar this time of year. We are happy to be skiing.

I saw Win and lunch and said hello. He helped us get lodging at the Claybrook for the night. Great spring rates. Thanks Win.

BBQ lunch was great with everything $5. Funny thing happened at lunch. I was commenting to the guy cooking that the prices were great compared to my dinner at the Timbers the week before. At the Timbers they charged me $12 each for kids mac and cheese and a grilled cheese sandwich. All my friends start laughing because the BBQ guy is the chef at the Timbers. I said, well he just cooked the food not the prices, but I guess that isn’t the case. We all had a good laugh at this, Josh the chef was a good sport about all of it. The veggie burger at lunch was great, btw.

We killed it till the lifts closed and we limped inside at 4:45PM. Shots and beer till the Derby went on. It always feels right to be skiing on Derby Day. We went to the room, ordered pizza and passed out. Raining hard Sunday morning so we left.

They could go another week if they wanted.

We thought about all thought about asking for divorces and heading to the Loaf for tomorrow…….

Looks like lift serviced skiing is done for the season. About 60 days for me.

skiadikt

Date: 5.3.08

Resort: Sugarbush, Vermont

Conditins: corn, mush, moguls

Weather: rain at 9:30, cloudy 11 am on. Fog to halfway down Steins Run.

Woke up at 5am drove to Chesire, CT and picked up DaveA, drove to Greenfield, MA and picked up CandyMan. Drove to Warren. Arrived to rain and decied to wait. Hot up the Warren General Store for breakfast.

Went back to the hill at 10:30 and booted up. Rain had stopped. Fog remained. First run confirmed that it would be a good day. Steins top to bottom no walking anywhere. Fog rose and lowered, thickened and lighted. Saw all the bumpers that are usually on Superstar this time of year. We are happy to be skiing.

I saw Win and lunch and said hello. He helped us get lodging at the Claybrook for the night. Great spring rates. Thanks Win.

BBQ lunch was great with everything $5. Funny thing happened at lunch. I was commenting to the guy cooking that the prices were great compared to my dinner at the Timbers the week before. At the Timbers they charged me $12 each for kids mac and cheese and a grilled cheese sandwich. All my friends start laughing because the BBQ guy is the chef at the Timbers. I said, well he just cooked the food not the prices, but I guess that isn’t the case. We all had a good laugh at this, Josh the chef was a good sport about all of it. The veggie burger at lunch was great, btw.

We killed it till the lifts closed and we limped inside at 4:45PM. Shots and beer till the Derby went on. It always feels right to be skiing on Derby Day. We went to the room, ordered pizza and passed out. Raining hard Sunday morning so we left.

They could go another week if they wanted.

We thought about all thought about asking for divorces and heading to the Loaf for tomorrow…….

Looks like lift serviced skiing is done for the season. About 60 days for me.

wonder if that was you. heard someone asking the bbq guy about vegie burgers. being a vegetarian i notice that stuff. anyway ...

too bad the weather didn't cooperate. those bumps on stein come up xtra fast when you can't see 'em. a little warmer & better visibility woulda made for a perfect day. but yeah great bumps & coverage top-to-bottom on stein's and great way to close out the season.

saw some of the k big boys including "the hammer" out there. he didn't seem to have a problem w/ the visibility ;-)