• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowbowl or Super Bowl?

What will you be doing Sunday?

• Total voters

RossiSkier

We have a group leaving for the KMART before daybreak. Should be home in time to watch the Patsies slaughter Philadelphia.

ScottySkis

Family reunion seeing my lovely sister and dad in the Bronx get home in time to watch game but not really into football just hockey.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hawkshot99

Skiing opening-10, then 2 hrs to make the 1.5 hr drive to work and get lunch before noon. The work 12-5, and off to a superbowl party.

Cornhead

At Greek now, had a couple OK bowls, nothing special, bluebird skies, firm, fast, granular groomers, better than no skiing. Looks more like November than February.
1454861902504.jpg

Smellytele

How was it? Firm? Snow at Crotched ended up being pretty darn nice. Scrapped off in the high traffic areas, but plenty of edgeable snow.

Started out nice on Catenary on top until 11 then it was scraped off. Lynx trail was nice all day up top and the bottom - the middle was strange. well it was chopped up ice mixed with man made. It was very rumblely - teeth chattering. Polecat stayed nice all day

deadheadskier

Staff member
Good to hear. I had been on the West Coast all week and also battling a cold, so sticking closer to home was the call.

dlague

Did both! Skied from 9:30-2 then headed to the party. Based on the number of people at Cannonball Pub at 2:30 - others had the same idea.

Rushski

Did Ragged yesterday. At least it wasn't crowded. So snow held up fairly well. Maybe half of their regular trails were open.

Sport Thoma had a small demo, which we didn't bother as it looked like current (and not next) year's skis.