• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Haunted Hiking

MARI

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, but here goes. Since '05 I've been doing a "hiking column" for The Hippo a free news rag in Southern NH. Now I'm embarking on a bigger journey and have a new book coming out in June called Haunted Hikes of New Hampshire. Yup- you heard that right. Ghosts, spirits, weird happenings and mysterious histories tied in with great hikes in the Whites and elsewhere in New Hampshire. Please look for a feature story in June's NH To-Do magazine as well as an interview in the 5/16 Union Leader. I wanted to get the word out here on Alpine as I have hiked and camped with many of you! Hope you will support this new venture I've under taken. For those interested, I can post a link to order the book at an early discounted price through Publishing Works - Exeter. I am grateful to some Alpine Zone members who were instrumental in hooking me up with great people in the BIZ.

Mari

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Congrats, Mari! Can't wait to give it a read then try some of your hikes.

Glad to know you're doing well, too. Drop in and post sometime, now that (presumably) you have a little more free time. :D

MARI

Hi - I will definetly drop in more at AZ now that i have a little more time. I had a tough winter with surgery on my foot so i was hobbling around most of the winter. It has been slow but steady progress. There was a very positive (and really funny) review of Haunted Hikes in Friday's Union Leader. Jim Fennel interviewed me and reviewed the book in the Outdoors section. Book will be out June 20th. Thanks everyone!

MARI

Hi Michael- I did spend some time talking with Steve about the project and i sent him a spooky DVD of it as a press release. He expressed interest -so I will be asking him again. he is such a busy guy he's hard to get at the store when i've been there. I have to say that I have had positive feedback from Floyd Ramsey who perticipated , as well as lots of tips from Nick Howe too. Hmmm...to this day there is still some strange talk about the Ormsbee/Curtis deaths on the summit. Well, you can read all about it in Haunted Hikes of NH!