• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VERY IMPORTANT information for BBQ season

drjeff

nice. being smack in the middle of the woods we need some protection.

In all seriousness, this is the 3rd year I've had it, and I've seen easily a 75%+ decrease in the amount of mosquitos in my backyard, to the point where even on a windless evening we can eat on the patio without having to lather ourselves up in bugspray, and there's NO WAY we could have done that before!

It goes through basically 1 tank of propane a month + 1 attractant cartridge and just makes a soft whirring/humming noise. Just plug it in to an outlet, hook up the tank of propane and hit the on switch. Thats it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This was our purchase for this season's grill / camping season. Durable and enough BTU's for home everyday use, surprisingly large cooking surface, easy to clean, yet compact and light weight enough for car camping/tailgating. It RULES!

grill2.jpg

grill1.jpg

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
My little slice of meating cooking heaven :)

Did you have that chair built for you or was it a DYI project? I have four sets of old skis of mine dating back to 1995 that I intend on turning into one of those chairs. I actually intend on doing it with all of my skis from here on it. It will make for good nostalgia when I'm an old man and may not be able to ski anymore. I can see myself sitting out on the deck looking at the skis and reminiscing back over all those years and the places I went with them.

drjeff

Did you have that chair built for you or was it a DYI project? I have four sets of old skis of mine dating back to 1995 that I intend on turning into one of those chairs. I actually intend on doing it with all of my skis from here on it. It will make for good nostalgia when I'm an old man and may not be able to ski anymore. I can see myself sitting out on the deck looking at the skis and reminiscing back over all those years and the places I went with them.

3 years ago for father's day my wife confiscated a few pairs from my quiver that had been sitting idle in the basement and brought them to this place (http://www.skichair.com/) which is just outside of Worcester. A little over a week later she picked the chair up and I had one really cool father's day present.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Same here and I don't have a BBQ or deck or backyard so I use a thing called an oven...but when I get that big tax refund check..I might splurge and get one of dem derr George Foreman Grilles for indoor BBQ..ing..

come on, you need to get yourself a hibachi grill. even when i had my tiny place over in alphabet city i had a grill. i could grill six steaks and veggies on that baby. i think i saw one ever at target for like twenty bucks

come on, you need to get yourself a hibachi grill. even when i had my tiny place over in alphabet city i had a grill. i could grill six steaks and veggies on that baby. i think i saw one ever at target for like twenty bucks

Nice..good idea..steezier than a frying pan..Target has darn good prices..and a mini-pizza hut as well..which you should avoid if you want to save room for a BBQ..