• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiking the Twins or Liberty/Flume on 2/24/05 - Thursday

pedxing

Hi,

I'm planning on heading up Thurday Morning (2/24) and hiking in the Whites. The Twins and Liberty/Flume (from the Lincoln Woods Trail and via Liberty) are the first ideas that come to mind, I'm hoping for others. If you are interested in hiking together please let me know.

I also plan on staying over Thursday night and will meet up with some people to hike Friday (2/25). You would be welcome to join in that hiking, too. No-one has committed to joining me on Thursday.

Ped

MtnMagic

Hi there Ped,

I can join you on Thursday. My favorite mtn hike isLiberty. Then on to Flume. I know a substantial shortcut up Liberty I'm willing to share with you. Or we can summit Osseo and out LST. Plus, we can do a lot of talking that I'm certain will benefit us both.

As I hiked today, I'm pretty beat and getting some needed sleep early. We'll put this together in the next few days. How's that!

pedxing

Great!

First Back Packing trip I ever took was at 13 y/o and we went up the Flume and across the ridge. I do love that Ridge. We must have gone out by OBP, but I'm not sure.

I've never gotten onto the ridge via the back side (the Osseo side) and was thinking about that (esp. because my attempt to do that one winter was the one time I turned back from a peak before summitting), but learning some new routes would also be wonderful. No rush in nailing down the details. Others may join in, we can email as needed. I'll PM you with the best email address.

By way of landmarks, I clipped the last bit of black (Silver Nitrate) off my toenails this week. One more bit of normaility returned.