• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes I'm into Trey. I was listening to "Plasma" when I typed that. Ed.

That's cool, just took me by surprise, thought you were more into metal. Then again I saw plenty of Phish shows where some of the jams could be classified as metal

ed-drum

Into metal? Not really. I have seen just about everyone, but never was into going to see a metal band. But Tull got a Grammy for metal. What were they thinking? Saw Jethro Tull a bunch of times, so I guess I'm into metal.Ed.

wa-loaf

Black Keys, Black Mountain, BRMC. Black Keys new release is smokin. Was going to see them in Philly last week, but they're playin at the Virgin Festival at Pimlico in August so I'll see them then.

Good stuff! Just starting to get into the Black Keys. Been a BRMC fan for awhile.

I like watching Rap City on BET..right now the only music I listen to is rap..and I freestyle rap about 30 minutes a day..and battle rap people at parties..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Really depressed with the state of rock right now. Silversun Pickups has been rocking my MP3 player lately. Ricardo Villalobos and Loco Dice have been in frequent rotation for my house needs. Can't wait for the new Candlebox release, new single sounds stellar.

BeanoNYC

I freestyle rap about 30 minutes a day..and battle rap people at parties..

vanilla_ice.jpg

Jonni

I've been listening to a lot of Muse and an eclectic mix of Maroon 5 and Gnarls Barkley. Although I'm good with listening to any type of rock; Classic to new age. Skynyrd to The Killers.

mondeo

Pretty steady for me. Big fan of Rush, and then Foo Fighters and Barenaked Ladies in a close fight for second. Other than that, mainly rock, such as Allman Brothers, Stone Temple Pilots, Guns 'N Roses, Live. Also like Romantic music (especially Russian Romantics,) 20th century American Classical (Gershwin & Copland,) and bebop/hard bop, preferably with vibes.

Currently, I'm in a Tool mood.

Aside from rap..Frank Zappa is always good..on the way out to Montana I definitely blasted the song...Moving to Montana soon gonna be a dental floss tycoon.....and Watch out where the Huskies go and don't you eat that Yellow snow..RIP Frank..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Zappa plays Zappa is definitely on my list of must hit shows

My favorite tune from Zappa is 'Dirty Love'

Dr Skimeister

The current "to be filed" pile on my desk...

Gov't Mule "High & Mighty"
American Princes "Other People"
Colour Revolt "Plunder, Beg and Curse"
M. Ward "Transfiguration Of Vincent"
Headlights "Some Racing, Some Stopping"
Paste Magazine June 2008 Sampler
She & Him "Volume One"

My favorite tune from Zappa is 'Dirty Love'

I like that one as well..I have a Barnes and Nobles gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I think I'm going to pick up a Frank Zappa CD...I had Strictly Commercial but my ex-girlfriend somehow ended up with it..and my Ludacris CD as well..F$cking B4tch

Grassi21

I have been rotating between a few offerings from Gov't Mule (The Deepest End (Live), Life Before Insanity, and Mighty High). Great stuff!

Dr Skimeister

I like that one as well..I have a Barnes and Nobles gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I think I'm going to pick up a Frank Zappa CD...I had Strictly Commercial but my ex-girlfriend somehow ended up with it..and my Ludacris CD as well..F$cking B4tch

Need Zappa?
Go for "Hot Rats". Talk about progressive....
Recorded in '69.
Long live "Willie The Pimp"