• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

Mildcat

Black Keys new release is smokin. Was going to see them in Philly last week, but they're playin at the Virgin Festival at Pimlico in August so I'll see them then.

They played the Orpheum in Boston Saturday night. Kinda pissed I couldn't see them. I have to catch them next time they come around.

Mildcat

I have been rotating between a few offerings from Gov't Mule (The Deepest End (Live), Life Before Insanity, and Mighty High). Great stuff!

My favorite Gov't Mule cd I have is a live show I downloaded from their website years ago. It was recorded at Axis in Boston and was on an anniversary of Hendrix's death. They played a bunch of Hendrix tunes. The sound quality was good too, I think it was a soundboard recording.

ed-drum

Zappa was one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century. Every time I saw him he was different and always blew my mind. His guitar playing was phenomenal! He played NYC on Halloween all of the time and I was there. I was in the front row for "Mothers Live at the Fillmore". I said hello to Flo and Eddie that night. You can hear me hollering on the record. When he comes on the radio, I turn it up. Ed.

dmc

I have been rotating between a few offerings from Gov't Mule (The Deepest End (Live), Life Before Insanity, and Mighty High). Great stuff!

YEAH MULE!!!!

Mountain Jam next week!!!

Grassi21

My favorite Gov't Mule cd I have is a live show I downloaded from their website years ago. It was recorded at Axis in Boston and was on an anniversary of Hendrix's death. They played a bunch of Hendrix tunes. The sound quality was good too, I think it was a soundboard recording.

Would you recommend a good site for live downloads?

YEAH MULE!!!!

Mountain Jam next week!!!

They are playing in Danbury but its on my wife's b-day. A guy I coach with is big into Mule and Panic and we were talking about seeing a show. Maybe I can talk the wife into Mountain Jam....

dmc

Would you recommend a good site for live downloads?

They are playing in Danbury but its on my wife's b-day. A guy I coach with is big into Mule and Panic and we were talking about seeing a show. Maybe I can talk the wife into Mountain Jam....

You can get some great shows from mule.net

MTN Jam is always a blast!

danny p

Avenged Sevenfold. Only real rockstars of this era. New Metallica album in September is sounding real good.

Mildcat

You can get some great shows from mule.net

MTN Jam is always a blast!

i'll be spending some time on mule.net today. :beer:

mule.net is actually where I downloaded it from. That was about 9 years ago though. They use to have a ftp server ( forgive my ignorance if I worded that wrong :oops: ) where you could DL the complete shows for free in mp3 format.

dmc

mule.net is actually where I downloaded it from. That was about 9 years ago though. They use to have a ftp server ( forgive my ignorance if I worded that wrong :oops: ) where you could DL the complete shows for free in mp3 format.

Sorry don't know where to get MP3...
Most stuff is SHN or FLAC
http://etree.org is a great place to set yourself up with the softwware to deal with these formats..
Try
http://bt.etree.org/ - learn how to use bittorrent

Not sure if theres any Mule on Archive.org

wa-loaf

Black Keys, Black Mountain, BRMC. Black Keys new release is smokin. Was going to see them in Philly last week, but they're playin at the Virgin Festival at Pimlico in August so I'll see them then.

I checked out Black Mountain because of this post. Very cool. I want to make the intro to Tyrants my cell phone ring.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
if anybody is into:

60/70'S funk ie parliment, fatback band, Jimmy Castor Bunch, Hot Chocolate, Marva Whitney. pm and ill give you a links from some of my personal mixes.
i also have neuvo jazz mixxes
down tempo
jazzy house
and straight up funky house.
i havent found a good hosting site for mixes. most mixes are around a $130 in legnth. i just dont want to drain our bandwidth. i encode at 196 so it not to bad.