• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

deadheadskier

Staff member

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
You a fan of Grant Green or Ivan 'Boogaloo Joe' Jones? They're two of my favorite 70's jazz/funk fusion musicians.

Much of the modern music I listen to is born from that era. Big fan of Greyboy All Stars, Soulive, Galatic, Topaz et al.

Grant Green is cool. a lot of the house remixes my friends and i do are inspired from that whole era. it really fun working the soul back into electronic music. the stuff we have been playing out the last few months has been going over really well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Grant Green is cool. a lot of the house remixes my friends and i do are inspired from that whole era. it really fun working the soul back into electronic music. the stuff we have been playing out the last few months has been going over really well.

If you like Grant, check out Ivan

Melvin Sparks of course is the man concerning that era/genre of guitarists. He's got to be nearing in on 70 now and still gets the funk out

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside

cbcbd

Basically the stuff on my riding mix:

-Clutch - lots of it
-Live
-Faith no More
-Tool
-Cake

I've been listening to too much Clutch... I need to change things up.

Mildcat

-Clutch - lots of it

I've been listening to too much Clutch... I need to change things up.

No matter how much I listen to Blast Tyrant I just can't get sick of it. One of my all time favorite cd's.

cbcbd

No matter how much I listen to Blast Tyrant I just can't get sick of it. One of my all time favorite cd's.
Maybe that's the problem... I just don't get sick of Clutch :D
I've been listening to a lot of Pure Rock Fury... before that it was constant Elephant Riders mixed with some self titled... after PRF I'll put Blast Tyrant on repeat for a few weeks.

NIN new release "The Slip" is disappointing :( Pretty Hate Machine is still tough to match for him.
I agree and forgot that NIN from PHM is also on my constant mix.

dmc

What do you have against country?

i was actually joking... "jj"

But... I absolutely hate "pop country"....

I like Bluegrass... West Texas Cowboy music.. Mountain music.. Outlaw Country... Cajun music...

But the schlock that comes out now is so formulaic.. Same with Rock pop... and Jazz pop..