• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

Dr Skimeister

Today I received my pre-release copy of an album that melds two of my three biggest passions:music and baseball.

Titled "Vol. 1:Frozen Ropes and Dying Quails", it's a project by a band calling themselves The Baseball Project. The band is made up of Steve Wynn and two members of his band The Miracle 3 along with Peter Buck of R.E.M. Baseball fans all, they wrote and recorded an album all about baseball. Clever songs that are a baseball historian's delight.

www.yeproc.com for more info.

Beetlenut

Listening to new RaisinHead - Back to the Tracks, New Monsoon - The Sound, and old Ominous Seapods - Superman Curse. All killer! :razz:

awf170

Mr Bungle- California

The genre is just pure awesomeness. Nothing else can describe it, just listen.

(No this is not gibberish pig grunting metal like I usually recommend. I mean it's Mike Patton, everyone knows he is God)

But I mean if you want some awesome pig gruntin' metal... (skip to 45 seconds in)

No I don't actually like that garbage. Actually I do find it sort of catchy in a crappy poppy sort of way.

Paul

Mr Bungle- California

The genre is just pure awesomeness. Nothing else can describe it, just listen.

(No this is not gibberish pig grunting metal like I usually recommend. I mean it's Mike Patton, everyone knows he is God)

But I mean if you want some awesome pig gruntin' metal... (skip to 45 seconds in)

No I don't actually like that garbage. Actually I do find it sort of catchy in a crappy poppy sort of way.

Mr. Bungle kicks ass.

That is all.

PA Ridge Racer

As always my all time favorite band...U2 (new album this fall...woo hoo!), but also listening to at the moment...Echo and the Bunnymen, Foo Fighters, Filter, old school Back to the Future style Huey Lewis, Pearl Jam...still haven't heard the new Coldpaly but looking forward to listening to that.

dmc

Going to see Tony Bennet this weekend...
Been listening to his stuff to get ready...

Dr Skimeister

Finally been getting around to giving "Dirt Farmer" by Levon Helm the listen it deserves. A 2007 release that I've just never listened to end-to-end until recently.

gorgonzola

picked up My Morning Jacket - evil Urges...not bad, like the fuzzy live sound better tho. MrsSnowBunSki just got me tix to see David Byrne doing Byrne/Eno tunes at Lehigh for my birthday!