• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

wa-loaf

For more post whoring and up Gregs ad revenue! :lol:

I am really into the Raconteurs right now and can't stop listening to the new album. Gnarls Barkley is my guilty pleasure at the moment. Other newish stuff I like these days:

My Morning Jacket (new album coming on June 10th)
The White Stripes
Kings of Leon

Rushski

Right now I'm stuck on "Turbo Ocho" from Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.

Still not as good as "Americano" but pretty solid and appreciate the concept of creating eight songs in eight days...

Sure few have heard of them.

dmc

Been into Al Green and Curtis Mayfield lately...

Dr Skimeister

Disclaimer: If I respond to this again in 24 hours, it's probable that the answers will be different

Most recent steady rotation:

Sean Costello-an early 20-something self-taught guitarist that learned to play by listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn. Not just plays the blues, but convinces me he felt them. As best as I know, this kid died not long after his album was released in February.

The Felice Brothers-a bunch of Catskill-based hooligans making Americana-style music that reminds me of stuff another Catskill-based band, The Band, made so many years ago. I've never seen as much whisky taken in in the course of a concert as these guys drank at a recent show.

ComeBackMudPuddles

• The Killers (the recent b-sides ain't half-bad)
  • Snow Patrol's latest disc, "Eyes Open"
  • Willie Nelson's 2-disc anthology "The Essential Willie Nelson" (especially disc one)
  • Jimmy Buffett (anything...especially while drinking margaritas)

dmc

The Felice Brothers-a bunch of Catskill-based hooligans making Americana-style music that reminds me of stuff another Catskill-based band, The Band, made so many years ago. .

i know those guys! Great band!

Moe Ghoul

Black Keys, Black Mountain, BRMC. Black Keys new release is smokin. Was going to see them in Philly last week, but they're playin at the Virgin Festival at Pimlico in August so I'll see them then.

WoodCore

Been listening to these bands a lot lately.

New Mastersounds
Ripple Groove
Groove Collective