Discussion quality? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    It looks like the our little trouble maker defected to snowjournal.com. They now have a guy named snowglider running around there spouting pro-xc, anti-dh, and anti-NY crap. Since he joined on the 9th he has already posted 135 messages... Sounds a lot like someone I know...
    Yeah, he went off on that poor kid who died in an extreme skiing accident up at Stowe, then bashed the kid for being a stupid New Yorker who didn't know the area well enough. He implied the kid got what he deserved.

Of course, he was ill informed...the kid was from UVM and knew the area very well. He was an excellent skier who had experience who just happened to catch a real bad break and got killed. I think he died doing what he loved.

I don't miss that poster here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Yeah, he went off on that poor kid who died in an extreme skiing accident up at Stowe, then bashed the kid for being a stupid New Yorker who didn't know the area well enough. He implied the kid got what he deserved.
    Yup thats what got me on to him. I don't ussually read those forums, but there was a link to the forums here about that story so I checked it out. After his stupid New Yorker comments I checked out some of his other posts, which were VERY similar to the crap he used to post here...

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Of course, he was ill informed...t
    What else is new I don't think anyone here misses him...
    Brian

Guess I missed the person that was the cause of some of the garbage. Still, I'm sure there is more, and will be.

I post of other forums. The best one makes no bones about it. "It is my forum You have no right to be here. All who play nice are welcome. Those who are here to cause trouble are invited to post elsewhere. "

When someone is out of line they are sent an email. (Could be a PM on this site. That format doesn't have PMs.) If they continue, they are cut off.

There is a difference between. "I think the left side of the trail is better" and "You're a $#%^% idiot if you ski the right."

Not too hard to be semi polite.

just my opinion.
    Look! Up in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    There is a difference between. "I think the left side of the trail is better" and "You're a $#%^% idiot if you ski the right."

Not too hard to be semi polite.

just my opinion.

Well said - !!

Thread Information