Another gear thread....What do you have? What do you want?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Another gear thread....What do you have? What do you want?

Hey all..as we head into summer and keep trudging slong toward another ski season..I thought I'd start a quiver thread...

What kind of Skis, boots, borard do you ride/have? What kind of boots do you rock??

What about jacket, pants, gloves, hat/helmet, goggles..and other gear....

What new gear do you want for 08-09..

Here are my answers to get the ball rolling..

My Skis..Rossi Scratch Sprayer BC 06-07..182cm..88 in the waist..a little bit of life left after a good stonegrind..Elan S12's 04-05..176cm..112-67-100..awesome ice coast carver..heavy and stiff..my 2nd pair of the same skis..Atomic LT11s 05-06..170cm rock skis..the marquee route was not kind to the LTs..19..195 Saloman X-screams..fast..straight..and fast..they used to seem fat..now they seem skinny..they'll be good in a ski chair someday...195 Rossi Vipers..circa late 90s..skinny mo-fos..which are going toward a ski chair one day..

What I want for 08-09..100mm+ underfoot for out west and the rare Ice-Coast powder day and busting the crud..maybe some Gotomas..for some goose stomping....70-something underfoot stiff ice coast carvers 175-190cm..lots of sidecut...

My Boots..this past season I used a recreational model Atomic boot which I only paid 2 bills for. It didn't hurt my skiing and was way more comfortable than my old langes but I crave something different..I want to try the Full Tilt boot in the fall.

Other gear..all my gear is pretty mucn beat except my helmet..I want a new pair of steezy blue goggles preferably another pair of Oakley A-Frames for bright conditions..and another pair of amber or rose lenses for plat light...New gloves are also on my list and some sort of waterfproof gortex shell pants for rainy..wet conditions. My Ride Snowboard pants are great and have great pockets by the knees but can't hang if it's wet out. I also want another steeze jacket..maybe from the Nestors late summer sale. Jackets are one thing that is tough for me buy online..

Only 6 more months till ski season..Holla

I will have a car full of demos...therefore i will not be wanting anything.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

What I have, is everthing I need.
    What I want, is nothing.

If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions.

Have all the ski gear and clothing i need and then some at present and too damn many ski outfits according to my wife
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    What I have, is everthing I need.
    What I want, is nothing.

If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions.
    Andy...what kind of acid have you been taking..your recent responses make it seem like your on a long strange trip..

Love my boots, love my skis. I could use a new jacket and ski pants, though.
    ~Rich~

Mogul skis and Goode poles
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    Mogul skis and Goode poles
    Good call on the poles. I wouldn't mind a pair of leki adjustable poles with trigger straps.
    ~Rich~

I have me, what else could I want.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

I'd like something with a waist in the 80's and a new ski jacket. May need knew ski pants if I don't lose 15 lbs.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information