• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another gear thread....What do you have? What do you want?

Trekchick

Those pants wouldn't have taken a belt. They're elastic waist with a drawstring ... sort of like Gore-tex rain pants, only I wore them on a warm day because there's no insulating layer. But thanks for the advice. ;)
Besides that, you need something that enhances the ski bunny in you :spread:

drjeff

Besides that, you need something that enhances the ski bunny in you :spread:

This however is one outfit I would NOT reccommend :eek:
dscn3922.jpg

Unless of course you're going for the total Texas trash look :puke:

jack97

IDOne / Elan Bloodline/ Volkl Rebellion / Fischer Lunar, if nothing other than to demo seeing as how bump ski demos, so far as I can tell, are non-existent.

Almost positive that Fischer stopped making the Lunars, I think they stopped making mogul skis in general.

jack97

I'm all set with hard goods; dynastar twister, k2 axis x and axis xr. Boots, Dalbello Rampage and Cross; I got great end of season deals on both. Good thing I did, given those boots fit me fine, the rumor mill over at TGR is that next season's krypton will have larger volume.

Soft goods, I found a deal for a snowboard jacket for the loose fit, since I'm bumping more. So my old everyday winter jacket can be put to rest (or for cold yardwork days), my old ski jacket becomes my new everyday winter jacket.

Pants, will be on the lookout for a baggie fit. My old pants is getting ripped up bad at the inside cuffs

2knees

Skis: Head Mad Trix 171cm. I still have a pair of Volant Genesis Gold 175cm's but they are pretty much shot. Also still have my Volkl Carvers at 193cm. Saving those to race GSS.

Boots: so old its not even funny. Nordica N77. completely packed out. need to buy a pair this summer.

Want: ski pants so all the clowns i ski with will stop picking on my choice of windpants.

Mid fat or even a full blown powder board. It got a little old skiing powder on the bump skis.

new jacket. the one i have is pretty old and ugly. and yellow.

Kind of had a hunch that that pic would get a GSS response sooner or later ;)

Personally I think you fix the waistline in this uni-suit and it's got potential
one-piece-ski-suits-7.jpg

;) :rolleyes: :spin:

drjeff..stop posting all these MILF pictures..it's tough to concentrate on my work..:smash:

Greg

Staff member
Gear:
  • 2007 179 cm K2 Cabrawlers with Look PX12s
  • 2007 172 cm Dynastar Legend 8000s with Rossi Axial 120s
  • 2005 170 cm Volkl AC3s with Marker Motions
  • 2006 Nordica Speed Machine 12 boots
  • Chopped down K2 4-speed poles with old grips from my Lekis
  • A pair of crap Swix ski poles. I basically destroyed them in two days.
  • Giro G10
  • Oakley Crowbar goggles

Clothing:
  • TNF Summit Series Jacket
  • TNF Freedom Pants
  • Predator Wear Wolverine Pants
  • EMS fleece pants under the shells
  • Marmot Piste gloves, an older pair of Marmots for warmer days, Work gloves from Home Depot ( :blink: ) for really warm days.

Next season wants:
  • New poles with sturdier baskets than the 4-speeds. I blow through those like nothing.
  • I wouldn't mind getting on a pair of Hart F17 bump skis

jack97

.... Work gloves from Home Depot ( :blink: ) for really warm days.

So whats wrong with that? I was skiing with an old beat up sweat jacket for my last day.

I'm getting to a point where I want comfort, the style and color coordination is gone: bindings colors don't match my skis, boots don't match anything, pant cuffs are in rags, my new ski jacket looks like an Army jacket.

Hmm... maybe I'm sporting the grunge look.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Have in use:

2006-07 Rossi BX 176cm
2006-07 Rossi B2 174cm
1997? Rossi Axiom - 184
Scott poles
2003 Dolomite boots
New last season Marker Helmet
Columbia Jacket
Old ski pants

Want:

I'd love a race/carving machine; but not next season, maybe the following though

I'd love a replacement for the Axiom Powder boards, but not next season, maybe two seasons from now

I'd love a replacement for the boots, but not next season - definitely the following season

I will be replacing my ski pants and possible gloves. Could use some new under layers as well. Jacket, goggles, helmet etc will all be the same and the BX's or B2's the primary boards. Actually, I do want to get a couple of spare lenses for my goggles before they go out of stock as I enjoy them.

mondeo

boots don't match anything

Really, man. I mean, the only reason I got my Kryptons is that they matched my green jacket and black pants...

I could maybe see basing clothing colors based on what gear you have, but really, who cares? I never even thought about that until I read an article that mentioned how you shouldn't base your choice of boots on how well they matched your jacket. They aren't fashion accessories, they're gear, dammit!