• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another gear thread....What do you have? What do you want?

Hey all..as we head into summer and keep trudging slong toward another ski season..I thought I'd start a quiver thread...

What kind of Skis, boots, borard do you ride/have? What kind of boots do you rock??

What about jacket, pants, gloves, hat/helmet, goggles..and other gear....

What new gear do you want for 08-09..

Here are my answers to get the ball rolling..

My Skis..Rossi Scratch Sprayer BC 06-07..182cm..88 in the waist..a little bit of life left after a good stonegrind..Elan S12's 04-05..176cm..112-67-100..awesome ice coast carver..heavy and stiff..my 2nd pair of the same skis..Atomic LT11s 05-06..170cm rock skis..the marquee route was not kind to the LTs..19..195 Saloman X-screams..fast..straight..and fast..they used to seem fat..now they seem skinny..they'll be good in a ski chair someday...195 Rossi Vipers..circa late 90s..skinny mo-fos..which are going toward a ski chair one day..

What I want for 08-09..100mm+ underfoot for out west and the rare Ice-Coast powder day and busting the crud..maybe some Gotomas..for some goose stomping....70-something underfoot stiff ice coast carvers 175-190cm..lots of sidecut...

My Boots..this past season I used a recreational model Atomic boot which I only paid 2 bills for. It didn't hurt my skiing and was way more comfortable than my old langes but I crave something different..I want to try the Full Tilt boot in the fall.

Other gear..all my gear is pretty mucn beat except my helmet..I want a new pair of steezy blue goggles preferably another pair of Oakley A-Frames for bright conditions..and another pair of amber or rose lenses for plat light...New gloves are also on my list and some sort of waterfproof gortex shell pants for rainy..wet conditions. My Ride Snowboard pants are great and have great pockets by the knees but can't hang if it's wet out. I also want another steeze jacket..maybe from the Nestors late summer sale. Jackets are one thing that is tough for me buy online..

Only 6 more months till ski season..Holla

Philpug

I will have a car full of demos...therefore i will not be wanting anything.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
What I have, is everthing I need.
What I want, is nothing.

If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions.

What I have, is everthing I need.
What I want, is nothing.

If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions.

Andy...what kind of acid have you been taking..your recent responses make it seem like your on a long strange trip..:uzi::-D

wa-loaf

I'd like something with a waist in the 80's and a new ski jacket. May need knew ski pants if I don't lose 15 lbs. :-D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I WILL need a new ski jacket and pants next season. I looked like a homeboy at Abasin with the unlined shell pants I was wearing. :oops: And I've lost weight since then, with more to go.

Otherwise, I have all the gear I need. Probably 1 pair too many of skis now, in retrospect, basic poles, 2 pairs of boots (I think I'm keeping the pair that's too big for spring skiing when my feet swell more). Can't possibly need anything more.

Trekchick

I have me, what else could I want.
Well, friend, you are one of my favourite ski buddies, but even I need more than you to enjoy my ski season. ;-)

I WILL need a new ski jacket and pants next season. I looked like a homeboy at Abasin with the unlined shell pants I was wearing. :oops: And I've lost weight since then, with more to go.

Otherwise, I have all the gear I need. Probably 1 pair too many of skis now, in retrospect, basic poles, 2 pairs of boots (I think I'm keeping the pair that's too big for spring skiing when my feet swell more). Can't possibly need anything more.
You didn't look like a homeboy, but you mosdef deserve some new duds to fit the new you!

As for the skis, when you sell the joysticks, you let me know. I have something special in mind for you. :-D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Those black pants were hanging halfway down my butt the entire time. :lol: I couldn't get them any tighter. The khakis ones were ok, though much looser than the last time I had worn them.

I won't make any decisions on gear until the fall at the earliest. I actually have 1 pair of beginner skis I used 1 time that also need to go. They were an oops at the ski swap last year (knew nothing about them other than they were longer than my way too short skis I had, and they were marked intermediate so we bought them...definitely the wrong skis for me, though).

mondeo

Non-clothing:
Have: K2 Cablrawlers, Dalbello Krypton Pros, POS Marker bindings, Scott 7075-T7 46" poles.

Want: Look PX12, or whatever the Rossi or Dyna equivalent is.

A cheap pair of 42" poles and 44" poles, if only just to try out. I do get the feeling the 46"ers are too long - 48" would be about right if I didn't ski bumps.

IDOne / Elan Bloodline/ Volkl Rebellion / Fischer Lunar, if nothing other than to demo seeing as how bump ski demos, so far as I can tell, are non-existent. (Note that the F17 isn't on the list - figure there's a decent chance of a demo next year.)

Clothing - stuff. Only grievance is the bottom-level Smith goggles I have. Missed one of the better pairs on steepandcheap the other day by a few minutes; sticking with Smith because I know they'll fit my Smith helmet.

Also need a boot bag and a ski bag.

Only guaranteed buys are the boot bag and ski bag - I'll probably wait a year and get better bindings with my next pair of skis.

drjeff

Right now I'm really, really happy with my Atomic B5i Metron's in a 172 (I actually have 2 pairs, although my older pair is definately on borrowed time with an edge just waiting to blow out under the heel piece :eek:). They're a bit heavy, but boy do I LOVE what I can do with them all over the mountain in any type of terrain/snow conditions

One of these days though I know that I'll likely add a real pair of fatty powder boards to my active use quiver.

Boots, I'm on a pair of Lange L10's that in all likelyhood have skied their last day. A new pair of plastic for the feet right now is definately 1st on my list of new additions

Poles: I LOVE my Swix Mach Poles. There not being replaced or retired anytime soon

Clothing, good for the shell/soft shell stuff, the main winter gear is approaching replacement age. Gotta see if any color scheme of some real good techy stuff catches my eye this fall

Helmet: 6 seasons on my Leedom brain bucket. It has it's fair share of "bark burns" and "safety bar skid marks" - might be time for a new one as some of the features on the new Boeri that my wife got this spring look appealing. The problemis i have a REALLLY BIG head and not all brain buckets fit me comfortably :(

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Andy...what kind of acid have you been taking..your recent responses make it seem like your on a long strange trip..:uzi::-D

Haven't touched that stuff in at least 25 years, maybe having flashbacks, I don't know.

When speeding past a law enforcement officer it is neccessary to accelerate. When he pulls out behind you and turns on his lgihts, it is neccessary to turn on you blinker. This will confuse him, however it is to let him know you are looking for an appropriate place to pull over and talk.

Last edited:

Hawkshot99

What do I need? Nothing....:cry: What do i want?:-D

Currently I have
Skis-
Scott P3- All mountain do everything
Scott Mission- 89 under foot, is my current powder ski
Rossi Mutix- My ice/race ski

Jackets/Pants
I currently have 5 jackets that I wear, and 5 pairs of pants.:lol: Many outfits to fit my moods.

Helmet
Have 2 Giro G-10's, and 1 Giro Talon(race helmet)

Boots
Dalbello Proton 12 - Needs some work still

Want I want........
Skis-
Sell the missions and get either Scott P4, or Line Prophet 100
Sell the P3 and get a new pair of P3's

Boots-
Want to try on some Nordica's

Jacket/Pants-
Need to see what looks good in the fall. Can never have too many clothes:-D

Helmet-
There was a cool looking Bern I saw