• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

08/09 Nordica Lineup

deadheadskier

Staff member
yup...they're still out there...just hard to find.

any tips on where to find them? I can't seem to locate them with an internet search. I wonder if the fact that their website is dead is an indication that they might not be manufacturing them anymore for next season.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think a lot of people also place too much faith in Ski/Skiing Magazine gear reviews. There isn't that big a difference 'tween the same ski for the market segment in the different product lines. It's marketing and brand management. Last winter, I was on a half-dozen different 85-mm all mountain skis with a 20-ish meter natural turn radius. Several were rentals on quick west trips. Others were demos. There just isn't a whole lot of difference.
While I agree too much faith is placed on Ski mag gear reviews, I completely disagree that there isn't much difference between skis. In a matter of fact, it continues to amaze me how differently such a wide variety of skis with similar specifications ski compared to each other.

When it comes to ski mag gear reviews, most reviews tend to read the same with a very short marketing department like pitch full of hyperbole and innuendo. Hard to trust reviews of a product from which the manufacturers supply the lion's share of advertising dollars. Ski company marketing departments do a wonderful job convincing the masses that their ski is the best of its type, but only trying out a lot of skis will net a reliable answer. Geoff may not find much difference but there are lots of skiers that are blown away by just how different similar shaped skis feel.

any tips on where to find them? I can't seem to locate them with an internet search. I wonder if the fact that their website is dead is an indication that they might not be manufacturing them anymore for next season.
Call Dolomite USA...800-257-2008 or 603-298-5592...if that doesn't work, time to try on some other brands!

wa-loaf

Duct tape will work and make you look hard core too.

Won't work, because it's more than the gasket at the front. The whole front overlap is poorly designed. The part that's supposed to act as a seal works more like a rain gutter and directs snow and water right into the boot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Won't work, because it's more than the gasket at the front. The whole front overlap is poorly designed. The part that's supposed to act as a seal works more like a rain gutter and directs snow and water right into the boot.

I've never had such an experience. With such a severe malfunction, you would think that the manufacturer would replace them for you.

wa-loaf

I've never had such an experience. With such a severe malfunction, you would think that the manufacturer would replace them for you.

I've spent too much money with boot fitting to want to start over. I'll just deal with it for a couple years until I'm ready to replace them.

tjf67

Not sexy, but it's probably what I'll have to resort to. I'll just have to take it off for race nights.

It does work. I bought the boot even knowing that it did that. Yeah smart move on my part. The only thing I don tlike is that i can not unbuckle for the first few lift rides up. I sit on the lift and tough it out until my foot loosens up.
Why would you take it off for races?

bigbog

...Give em' a try at night...

Any lost feeling...on those brutally cold January/February nights could/might hinder in really nailing your line around those gates... You might not wanna rule them out 100%.

$.005 = a cut penny's worth

highpeaksdrifter

No more Beast line? Is that what the Sportmachine line replaces?

All that's left in the Beast series for 08/09 is the 10 in both men's and women's.

The Sportmachine is an interesting line. It is geared toward skier's who don't need quite all the performance of the Speedmachine series. All these boots will feature will have an abducted stance, a flex adjuster, heat ready liner and hands free entry and exit. Alot of nice features for this level boot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It just means that the boot is easy to get on and off regardless of temperture. I should have explained that.

gotcha

had me scratching my head there for a second. Was thinking perhaps they consulted with Lexus to automate the opening and closing of the boot. Hell if they can program a car to parallel park automatically, you never know what might happen with ski boots someday :lol:

wa-loaf

gotcha

had me scratching my head there for a second. Was thinking perhaps they consulted with Lexus to automate the opening and closing of the boot. Hell if they can program a car to parallel park automatically, you never know what might happen with ski boots someday :lol:

lol . . . I had a picture in my mind of jumping into the boots with both feet at once and pushing a button to have the thing buckle up.