• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALL THINGS KILLINGTON

RossiSkier

Heading out Friday morning to spend the day at the BIG-K and come back Sunday.

Favorite Killington Trails?
Parking Secrets?
Anecdotes?

Joshua B

Not my kind a party... :lol:

Edit:
Well since Rossi edited his post, it makes my post irrelevant. :-?

RossiSkier

Killington's Mile High Club
http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/east/article/0,12910,723968,00.html
Skg1004escm.jpg

dmc

I like Ovation, Devils Fiddle, Conclusion, Upper Cascade...
i could go on... But it depends on the conditions..

tirolerpeter

Killington Tips

Suggest you go early to Bear Mt. base lodge. Parking is nice and close to the lodge, and the people there are very mellow. Usually no mobs of families with kids trying to unload., rent stuff, dress, etc..

RossiSkier

Yes, the Bear Mountain base lodge is great. So is Skyeship. Actually prefer those over the K1 Base, which is a bee hive.

Tin Woodsman

Always park at Skyeship or Bear Mt base. Upstairs in Bear Mt lodge is always empty and easy to find a table.

Favorite trails - West Glade, Northstar, Escapade. That's about it - everything else is straight and wide, so what's the difference between them?

RossiSkier

Tin Woodsman said:
Always park at Skyeship or Bear Mt base. Upstairs in Bear Mt lodge is always empty and easy to find a table.

Favorite trails - West Glade, Northstar, Escapade. That's about it - everything else is straight and wide, so what's the difference between them?

We parked at Skyship last Sunday. Right next to the door. What convenience. Jumped right onto the Gondola. That's the way to go alright.

tekweezle

the Canyon quad is usually devoid of crowds as it services mostly black and blue terrain. i just love cascade, double dipper, ect. same with the glades chair.

avoid the Snowdon(slowdon) and Skypeak chairs unless you are looking for a long break. those chairs are the slowest.

for lunch, I like the Bear mtn lodge. it always seems less crowded.

on the way home, in case you parked at Killington, ramshead or snowshed, if you get stuck taking the snowshed crossover(reallly flat and strangely uphill in parts), ski down to the mid base of skyship and take the Northbrook quad instead. it puts you at the top of snowshed without any unneccessary and hazardous traversing.

I like the needles eye express and trail.

enjoy!

RossiSkier

Once again the Skyship Quad was the place to be on President's Day. While the crowd at K1 rivaled the Normandy invasion, there was great parking and lots of room at the 'ship. Yeah baby!

tree_skier

Was there yesterdaywith my 9 yo son, parked at skyship, about 20 cars at 8:30. The only line was on the k1 and the skiing was awesome although visability was a little tough.

C

carwash

I was there for two days 21-22, the only lines encountered were at the Ramshead express....avoid that mountain. The rest was great.