<sigh> House Shopping

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

<sigh> House Shopping

What started out as an exciting experience has turned into some sort of masochistic exercise. Taxes in Rockaway/Belle Harbor are low (4K)...but you can't touch anything decent for under 600K. (Don't forget flood insurance!) You can find houses on the Island that are more reasonable, but your looking at taxes STARTING at 8K-10K for a 6000 square foot lot. I remember my parents were paying $13.5 before they moved down to Florida in 2001.

Just needed to vent...
    ~Rich~

damn 4K is CHEAP for a 600K house

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    What started out as an exciting experience has turned into some sort of masochistic exercise. Taxes in Rockaway/Belle Harbor are low (4K)...but you can't touch anything decent for under 600K. (Don't forget flood insurance!) You can find houses on the Island that are more reasonable, but your looking at taxes STARTING at 8K-10K for a 6000 square foot lot. I remember my parents were paying $13.5 before they moved down to Florida in 2001.

Just needed to vent...
    Well you live in one of the most expensive parts of the country..where I live 600K gets you a McMansion but you're in PA..the fixer upper across the street from me is 180k and taxes are 3k..

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    It's a benefit of owning in NYC. 9 million people and big business to spread the costs around. 4K is ballpark, remember.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

There must be a huge tax base in that area..On HGTV they showed a home in Park Slope Brooklyn that was over a million with 2k taxes..wow..

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    There must be a huge tax base in that area..On HGTV they showed a home in Park Slope Brooklyn that was over a million with 2k taxes..wow..
    That sounds about right for an attached brownstone on a 20x100 lot. Probably some sort of tax break because those brownstones are considered landmarks.
    ~Rich~

Rochester, NH

23 MAVIS AVENUE, Rochester, NH 03839

COME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS 3+ BEDROOM HOME THAT HAS HAD MANY UPDATES, INCLUDING NEWER 10X28 ADDITION, NEW FLOORING, COUNTERTOPS, PAINT, WATER HEATER, BEDROOM AND MORE. HUGE DECK OFF THE FRONT. MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE. OWN FOR LESS THAN RENTING! MLS # 2718280 offered at $28,900
    Rochester, NH Schools
    Rochester, NH Map
    Rochester, NH Real Estate Print Property Flyer
    Mortgage Calculator
    See Map and Address
    Add to My Favorites
    Send Listing to Friend

Property Essentials

MLS#: 2718280
    Bedrooms: 3 Lot Size: 0.00 acres
    Color: WHITE/BR Taxes: $440
    Style:
    Full Baths: 1

Half Baths: 0
    3/4 Baths: 0 Finished Sq Ft: 1120
    Sq Ft Above Grnd: 1120 Sq Ft Below Grnd: 0
    Footprint: 14X52+10X28 Garage Cap: 0
    Parking Spaces:
    Year Built: 1979
    Road Frontage: 0 Water Body:

Water Frontage:
    Seasonal: N
    Surveyed: U Zoning: AGRICULTURAL
    Flood Zone: U School District:

Elementary School:
    Middle School: Spaulding Youth Center
    High School: Spaulding High School
    Room Sizes (approximate)

Den:

Living Room:
    Dining Room:

Master:
    Kitchen:

Bedroom 2:
    Fam/Rec:

Bedroom 3:
    Other Room:

Bedroom 4:

Additional Property Features & Characteristics

Style - Modified, 1 Story
    Water - Private, Shared
    Water Heater - Electric
    Fee Includes - Plowing, Sewer, Trash, Water
    Roof - Metal
    Sewer - Private, Shared
    Heat Fuel - Kerosene, Oil
    Lot Description - Leased, Level
    Amenities - 1st Floor Laundry, Cable, Cable Internet, Cathedral Ceilings, Ceiling Fan, Deck, Dining Area, Laundry Hook-ups, Out Building, 1st Floor Master BR
    Basement - Crawl Space
    Construction - Manufactured Home
    Driveway - Paved
    Electric - 100 Amp, Circuit Breaker
    Equipment/appliances - Range-Electric, Refrigerator
    Exterior - Aluminum
    Financing - Other
    Foundation - Post/Piers
    Garage/parking - 2 Parking Space
    Heating/cooling - Hot Air
    Occupant Restrictions - Pets Allowed
    Roads - Association

This page has been viewed 66 times. For more info please contact us.

< prev
    next >

------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    That sounds about right for an attached brownstone on a 20x100 lot. Probably some sort of tax break because those brownstones are considered landmarks.
    What keeps me renting instead of owning are the taxes and upkeep..it's nice having a maintenence guy repair plumbing for a $20 tip at Christmas..

Ckofer..that's a trailer..so it's not going to be worth much when it gets hit by a tornado..yes tornados hit New Hampshire..I knew somebody in Montana who bought a trailer for 10k..but when you knocked on the door..you got splinters..he should have bought the 11k trailer with the steezy door..

Taxes on a 600K house in the town I'm moving to runs north of 8 G's. Granted your talking a town of 7K people with limited business.

Not that I'll ever need to worry about paying taxes on a 600K home. That's WAY out of league for what my income can support.

Thread Information