• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

<sigh> House Shopping

BeanoNYC

What started out as an exciting experience has turned into some sort of masochistic exercise. Taxes in Rockaway/Belle Harbor are low (4K)...but you can't touch anything decent for under 600K. (Don't forget flood insurance!) You can find houses on the Island that are more reasonable, but your looking at taxes STARTING at 8K-10K for a 6000 square foot lot. I remember my parents were paying $13.5 before they moved down to Florida in 2001.

Just needed to vent...

What started out as an exciting experience has turned into some sort of masochistic exercise. Taxes in Rockaway/Belle Harbor are low (4K)...but you can't touch anything decent for under 600K. (Don't forget flood insurance!) You can find houses on the Island that are more reasonable, but your looking at taxes STARTING at 8K-10K for a 6000 square foot lot. I remember my parents were paying $13.5 before they moved down to Florida in 2001.

Just needed to vent...

Well you live in one of the most expensive parts of the country..where I live 600K gets you a McMansion but you're in PA..the fixer upper across the street from me is 180k and taxes are 3k..

BeanoNYC

There must be a huge tax base in that area..On HGTV they showed a home in Park Slope Brooklyn that was over a million with 2k taxes..wow..

That sounds about right for an attached brownstone on a 20x100 lot. Probably some sort of tax break because those brownstones are considered landmarks.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Rochester, NH

23 MAVIS AVENUE, Rochester, NH 03839

COME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS 3+ BEDROOM HOME THAT HAS HAD MANY UPDATES, INCLUDING NEWER 10X28 ADDITION, NEW FLOORING, COUNTERTOPS, PAINT, WATER HEATER, BEDROOM AND MORE. HUGE DECK OFF THE FRONT. MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE. OWN FOR LESS THAN RENTING! MLS # 2718280 offered at $28,900
Rochester, NH Schools
Rochester, NH Map
Rochester, NH Real Estate Print Property Flyer
Mortgage Calculator
See Map and Address
new.gif

Add to My Favorites
Send Listing to Friend

Property Essentials

MLS#: 2718280
Bedrooms: 3 Lot Size: 0.00 acres
Color: WHITE/BR Taxes: $440
Style:
Full Baths: 1

Half Baths: 0
3/4 Baths: 0 Finished Sq Ft: 1120
Sq Ft Above Grnd: 1120 Sq Ft Below Grnd: 0
Footprint: 14X52+10X28 Garage Cap: 0
Parking Spaces:
Year Built: 1979
Road Frontage: 0 Water Body:

Water Frontage:
Seasonal: N
Surveyed: U Zoning: AGRICULTURAL
Flood Zone: U School District:

Elementary School:
Middle School: Spaulding Youth Center
High School: Spaulding High School
Room Sizes (approximate)

Den:

Living Room:
Dining Room:

Master:
Kitchen:

Bedroom 2:
Fam/Rec:

Bedroom 3:
Other Room:

Bedroom 4:

Additional Property Features & Characteristics

Style - Modified, 1 Story
Water - Private, Shared
Water Heater - Electric
Fee Includes - Plowing, Sewer, Trash, Water
Roof - Metal
Sewer - Private, Shared
Heat Fuel - Kerosene, Oil
Lot Description - Leased, Level
Amenities - 1st Floor Laundry, Cable, Cable Internet, Cathedral Ceilings, Ceiling Fan, Deck, Dining Area, Laundry Hook-ups, Out Building, 1st Floor Master BR
Basement - Crawl Space
Construction - Manufactured Home
Driveway - Paved
Electric - 100 Amp, Circuit Breaker
Equipment/appliances - Range-Electric, Refrigerator
Exterior - Aluminum
Financing - Other
Foundation - Post/Piers
Garage/parking - 2 Parking Space
Heating/cooling - Hot Air
Occupant Restrictions - Pets Allowed
Roads - Association

This page has been viewed 66 times. For more info please contact us.

2718280_1.jpg

< prev
next >

That sounds about right for an attached brownstone on a 20x100 lot. Probably some sort of tax break because those brownstones are considered landmarks.

What keeps me renting instead of owning are the taxes and upkeep..it's nice having a maintenence guy repair plumbing for a $20 tip at Christmas..

Ckofer..that's a trailer..so it's not going to be worth much when it gets hit by a tornado..yes tornados hit New Hampshire..I knew somebody in Montana who bought a trailer for 10k..but when you knocked on the door..you got splinters..he should have bought the 11k trailer with the steezy door..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Taxes on a 600K house in the town I'm moving to runs north of 8 G's. Granted your talking a town of 7K people with limited business.

Not that I'll ever need to worry about paying taxes on a 600K home. That's WAY out of league for what my income can support.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Rochester, NH

23 MAVIS AVENUE, Rochester, NH 03839

COME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS 3+ BEDROOM HOME THAT HAS HAD MANY UPDATES, INCLUDING NEWER 10X28 ADDITION, NEW FLOORING, COUNTERTOPS, PAINT, WATER HEATER, BEDROOM AND MORE. HUGE DECK OFF THE FRONT. MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE. OWN FOR LESS THAN RENTING! MLS # 2718280 offered at $28,900
Rochester, NH Schools
Rochester, NH Map
Rochester, NH Real Estate Print Property Flyer
Mortgage Calculator
See Map and Address
new.gif

Add to My Favorites
Send Listing to Friend

Property Essentials

MLS#: 2718280
Bedrooms: 3 Lot Size: 0.00 acres
Color: WHITE/BR Taxes: $440
Style:
Full Baths: 1

Half Baths: 0
3/4 Baths: 0 Finished Sq Ft: 1120
Sq Ft Above Grnd: 1120 Sq Ft Below Grnd: 0
Footprint: 14X52+10X28 Garage Cap: 0
Parking Spaces:
Year Built: 1979
Road Frontage: 0 Water Body:

Water Frontage:
Seasonal: N
Surveyed: U Zoning: AGRICULTURAL
Flood Zone: U School District:

Elementary School:
Middle School: Spaulding Youth Center
High School: Spaulding High School
Room Sizes (approximate)

Den:

Living Room:
Dining Room:

Master:
Kitchen:

Bedroom 2:
Fam/Rec:

Bedroom 3:
Other Room:

Bedroom 4:

Additional Property Features & Characteristics

Style - Modified, 1 Story
Water - Private, Shared
Water Heater - Electric
Fee Includes - Plowing, Sewer, Trash, Water
Roof - Metal
Sewer - Private, Shared
Heat Fuel - Kerosene, Oil
Lot Description - Leased, Level
Amenities - 1st Floor Laundry, Cable, Cable Internet, Cathedral Ceilings, Ceiling Fan, Deck, Dining Area, Laundry Hook-ups, Out Building, 1st Floor Master BR
Basement - Crawl Space
Construction - Manufactured Home
Driveway - Paved
Electric - 100 Amp, Circuit Breaker
Equipment/appliances - Range-Electric, Refrigerator
Exterior - Aluminum
Financing - Other
Foundation - Post/Piers
Garage/parking - 2 Parking Space
Heating/cooling - Hot Air
Occupant Restrictions - Pets Allowed
Roads - Association

This page has been viewed 66 times. For more info please contact us.

2718280_1.jpg

< prev
next >

Good ole Crotchester

Home of cheap trailers and armed gunman holding workers hostage at Hillary Clinton's local campaign office. :lol:

The mortgage on a 600k house must be about 4k a month..even with a 10 percent down payment..I wonder how much income would be required to qualify for that mortgage??? !50K???

deadheadskier

Staff member
The mortgage on a 600k house must be about 4k a month..even with a 10 percent down payment..I wonder how much income would be required to qualify for that mortgage??? !50K???

probably that if you have perfect credit. Qualifying ratios are shrinking though. I'm guessing most banks would rather see 200K in income in the current credit climate.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you extrapolate the taxes on that property to a 600K home, they'd be over $9k a year

certainly a drawback to living in NH....the property taxes are significant. That said, the lack of income and sales tax pretty much makes up for it; not for everyone, but if you make a fair living it is significant. The lady and I are closing on a very small condo in a couple of weeks and the taxes are about $1500. The income tax savings I'll realize moving to NH from ME is more than double that, so it's worth it.

BeanoNYC

Taxes on a 600K house in the town I'm moving to runs north of 8 G's. Granted your talking a town of 7K people with limited business.

Not that I'll ever need to worry about paying taxes on a 600K home. That's WAY out of league for what my income can support.

600K on the Island and you're looking at upwards of 13. I'm sure a Long Islander will chime in. I just remember taxes being a major gripe of every home owner when I grew up in Nassau County.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I just moved. 3 BR, EIK, DR, 1/2 room to be used as home office, LR, laundry room, NJ, about 20 min from Manhattan. Tax=0, headaches=0. $1150@ month