• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You have to be kidding me - $12000 for a pair of skis

jack97

I knew some people who live in the MA metrowest area, only time they go skiing is out west, Utah or CO, and they do this alot each winter. They think NE snow is too icy. :rolleyes:

They are the type, who don't ask about the price.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This is true, for some people money doesn't really matter. I mean they have to spend a minimum of $250K a year on their Amex Black Card, so why not use it on skis? :lol:

Out of curiosity, anyone no how much Goode skis run? I thought they were supposed to be super expensive to.

I also wonder if that 12K purchase price includes security service to keep an eye on your skis when you go into the lodge :lol:

drjeff

I like how for an extra $3000 a former canadian olympic skier will hand deliver them to you and spend a day on the hill with you coaching you how to handle your new "boards"

Also, that $19,000 pair looked even better than that "measily" $12,000 pair :rolleyes:

cbcbd

This is true, for some people money doesn't really matter. I mean they have to spend a minimum of $250K a year on their Amex Black Card, so why not use it on skis? :lol:
Although the few people (3?) I've helped who eventually pulled out the Amex Black Card were pretty "cheap" and tried getting a discount - I guess it's like they say, "I don't get rich by writing lots of checks".
But yeah, there are plenty of folks around my area who probably wouldn't bat an eye at spending that sort of money.

drjeff

you could make that in a week if you wanted to ... just stay off the computer.. it's like 20 0r 30 crowns? :wink:

Come on now, no computer, thats how I keep the fine motor skills in my fingers up for when their holding the drill! ;) Plus, if I actually bought a pair of those, I have a hunch that it would cost ALOT more, just simply because of the divorce papers that my wife would file about 2 seconds after she saw the Visa bill that month;) :eek:

wa-loaf

nice up to date stock photo there :roll:

If you spend $12,000 on skis, you are a gaper.

Puck it

I like how for an extra $3000 a former canadian olympic skier will hand deliver them to you and spend a day on the hill with you coaching you how to handle your new "boards"

Also, that $19,000 pair looked even better than that "measily" $12,000 pair :rolleyes:

It a British Olympic Skier. A Canadien is probably $10K.

Carradan Copperhead, 12K....Carradan Mamba, 19K....hand delivery by some tootheless has been Brit, 3k plus travel expenses, the image on the company's home page...a picture of a Scot Schmidt wanna-be on a pair of Dynastar Vertical Assaults circa 1989. Priceless!

drjeff

It a British Olympic Skier.

eddie%20the%20eagle.jpg

Trekchick

MartinBell.jpg

This is his current bio on the ESA coach listing.
Martin Bell

Four-time Olympian and four-time British overall champion Martin Bell is the Technique and Equipment Editor of Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard magazine and has written for numerous other publications. Martin has commentated on ski-racing for the BBC, Eurosport and ESPN. Martin has run ski technique clinics for Ski Club of Great Britain, Ski Independence and First Choice
I am not going to say those skis are worth what they're asking,:-o
Though I have no clue, what MB's level of involvement is with this ski, I can assure you, he's a coach you'd be fortunate to have a chance to ski with.