• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Garmont Adrenalin (AT boot)...used by anyone here..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i don't currently have one, but am looking to buy one once the season ending sales commence. it's one of the most expensive boots out there, but after only two BC trips this year i'm growing tired of my alpine boot with AT binding setup.

JimG.

Staff member
bigbog said:
Hope everyone's making good use of our(NewEngland's) rejuvenated Winter....
If anyone is using the Adrenalin, I'm in the pre-FIND/TRY_ON mode....
Thanks.... 8)

Steve
my email

Been skiing the Adrenalin all season. It's my everyday alpine boot. Unbelieveable fit, very lightweight, but extremely stiff for an AT boot, as stiff a boot as I would want. Skis well off piste or on trail, no problem on hardpack or ice. Even does well in bumps and I've figured out how to ski them in the bump course too.

Because of the great fit, they are super warm. I have nothing bad to say about these boots, other than the price tag.

They're worth it!

V

vitaly

garmont boots

Hi Guys,

Anybody to compare Adrenaline to GRide model? I'm mostly on ski-tour, but thinking about heliski. Pros and contras on those models?

cheers,

JimG.

Staff member
The Adrenalin is alot stiffer than the G-ride, more like a real alpine downhill boot. The G-ride is like a noodle on ice, the Adrenalin slices and dices on ice.

V

vitaly

Thanks Jim,

I am trying not to buy a cheep stuff now after some experience :)
Would you recommend G-Fit or Padlock inner boot?
How is about walking or climbing up with Adrenaline? It's definately heavier than for example Mega-Ride (as a pay for stability?).

JimG.

Staff member
Get the G-fit...the thermoformable liners are the way to go. Also, the comfort level these liners afford make up a bit for the stiffness of the boot in walk mode for when you're touring. Weight is not an issue...these boots are very light.

V

vitaly

Well, that was my feeling by trying out that my tender feet cannot stand any other boot than G-fit. I gonna try Adrenaline in the shop in half-an-hour.

Thank you for the advise, appreciated!

thetrailboss

Staff member
vitaly said:
Well, that was my feeling by trying out that my tender feet cannot stand any other boot than G-fit. I gonna try Adrenaline in the shop in half-an-hour.

Thank you for the advise, appreciated!

Great to have you here, vitaly. Hope to read more of your posts in this forum and in the skiing/hiking sections as well. :wink:

V

vitaly

Thank you. Ii'm more asking than able to answer questions. My tours are never extreme, rather decent. However I'm curently living in Austria and could probably give some touring info to those "normal" skiers/hikers/climbers who is interested in austrian and italian Alps.

To the original topic - I tried to walk in Adrenaline boots and now I understand why they are positioned as Freeride rather than skitour boots...

JimG.

Staff member
vitaly said:
To the original topic - I tried to walk in Adrenaline boots and now I understand why they are positioned as Freeride rather than skitour boots...

More like a real Alpine DH boot right? Very stiff.

If you're looking for a boot more oriented to the tour than the downhill, check out Scarpa's line of AT boots. They offered a boot called the F1 that is an AT boot with bellows like tele boots. These are quite soft, not for steep and narrow decents but perfect for touring and gentle DH.

V

vitaly

Good point. I would like Scarpa Matrix, but my foot is too narrow for Scarpas schell form - there is too much space left around. The Garmont volume fits me the best. Looks like I need two pair of boots: Mega-ride for Skitour and probably Adrenaline for heliski or so. Alltogether is a small fortune.

bigbog

Hey thanks for the optimistic info Jim. For us here in NewEngland that have tromped around in the alpine boots without walk-mode....it sounds like just what we need. Now if they could come up with an adjustable flex in conjunction with walk-mode... 8) (...but I don't want to think about the pricetag on those...just yet :lol: ).

Steve