Meriden Mtn/Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video Meriden Mtn/Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT

Met up with o3jeff, powhunter and johnnypoach at Hubbard Park. We rode up on to the ridge. A differnet route than Steve wanted to take us on (gate to the castle was closed), but still fun. A mix of mostly doubletrack, some singletrack, some no-track. Highlights included powhunter modifiying his bike to save weight, jp's "mountain bike" (vintage department store-style), and powhunter's two flights into the reservoir! Took a small amount of vid and I'll throw something together later tonight. Really good time. I crashed a bunch of time trying to clear logs and stuff. Still trying to get releasing out of these pedals. Took a branch to the skull that entered one of my vents. A little beat up, but totally worth it. Can't wait to go again. Rediscovering MTB will definitely keep me going until ski season starts!

I ski double black diamonds.

Definitely was a good time. I will have to get out during the week to build up some endurance.

Looking forward to the video and the next excursion.

Sorry I couldn't make it, the back was in rough shape this morning from yesterdays ride. I plan on making the next ride. When is it?

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Definitely was a good time. I will have to get out during the week to build up some endurance.

Looking forward to the video and the next excursion.
    Definitely lots of fun riding with you. I was pretty okay on the endurance front. Only got really winded once. What I need to build is some balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    I plan on making the next ride. When is it?
    Dunno. Propose something. I might be able to pull off a late afternoon ride somewhere too. I know Steve has Mondays off.

Great getting out with you guys.....Looks like we made the right call going early...beating out the T-storms....would have sucked getting wet ....Definately gotta try to hook up once a week.....maybe for the next mission we can recruit mr gisevel, bivert, 2knees, and grassi (Pat I think jonnypoach has a spare bike for ya )

steve

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    Great getting out with you guys.....Looks like we made the right call going early...beating out the T-storms....would have sucked getting wet ....Definately gotta try to hook up once a week.....maybe for the next mission we can recruit mr gisevel, bivert, 2knees, and grassi (Pat I think jonnypoach has a spare bike for ya )

steve
    I am in for the next one I might be able to get Randi to come too. I just spent the last hour stripping down and cleaning my cranks and bottom bracket. They had a ton of mud in them from yesterdays ride. I think I will also have to clean the rear der.

I also have a spare bike but it needs some work (new rear der, and some new tubes). Though it would probably be to big for Pat or Grassi.

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    would have sucked getting wet

Video

Here's a little video. It's more about us goofing off than it is actual good riding, but there are some classic powhunter/johnnypoach moments. Enjoy:

Here's the high res for anyone that wants to wait for this...

I thought the skiing vids were great, but this might rival them.

You guys look like you have a lot more fun than I do on my tame rides.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

That video should help draw a bigger crowd for the next ride

Thread Information