• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Squaw, ME -- 2/13/04

Skimaine4ever

Website
www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com
Date(s) Skied: 2/13/04

Resort or Ski Area: Big Squaw Mountain

Conditions: Packed Powder, Powder, Machine Groomed

Trip Report: A beautiful day up at Squaw, with some light NW winds. There was tons of snow!!! They are claiming 26" and I believe it, it was up to my knees in the woods. They had done a great job with the grooming, but they left a few trails ungroomed as well.

There was racing on 1 trail so the parking lot looked busy when we got there but usually we didnt see another person on the trails, and the corduroy lasted untill the lifts turned off. And there is still plenty of powder in the woods and on a couple of trails. By 2:00 the place was deserted and when we left around 3:30 there was only about 10 people in the lodge 5 were ski patrol. Just another great day at Squaw with no crowds as usuall.

Skimaine4ever

Website
www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com
Just lower mountain (triple chair) but everything was open off that chair, the upper mountains not gonna turn this year. But next year they are installing a new double on the upper mountain and moving the old double to another mountain in the resort area. Check out my website at www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com for the full article and some other info. But as for the skiing I thought it was definetly worth the trip, there was tons of snow and no lift lines at all, tickets only $19 this year. The upper mountain is still open for the ambitious :) There was alot of people hiking and skiing down.