White Memorial, Morris, CT: 6/10/08

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

White Memorial, Morris, CT: 6/10/08

Hit up White Memorial with bvibert for a bit over an hour this evening. Hot evenig with temps firmly in the 80's still and plenty of humidity. Felt great to work up a good sweat. Continuing to build wind, and I'm riding a bit faster. The mellow doubletrack of White Memorial is good for that. Brian busted a tire. Yeehaw!

I ski double black diamonds.

Good times, nice way to end my birthday. The flat tire wasn't the best way to start the ride, but it wasn't a big deal. I think it showed Greg that it's a good idea to carry tire levers and a pump, so that was a positive. Can't wait to do it again sometime!
    Brian

I should probably grab some repair items myself cause I am sure if something is going to happen it will be at the most inopportune time.

I've blown out two tires, both times I had all the stuff to fix it up in a few minutes. The first time I was pretty far out from my starting point and I would have been walking for quite a while if I wasn't able to fix it.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I think it showed Greg that it's a good idea to carry tire levers and a pump, so that was a positive.
    I have a pump and tube. Will pick up tire levers today, as well as a patch kit, chain tool and some quick-links.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have a pump and tube. Will pick up tire levers today, as well as a patch kit, chain tool and some quick-links.
    The chain tool is a life saver and not many people carry them. I've had my chain break at least twice out on the trail.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I have been giving a lot of though to convert my bike over to tubeless. Everyone I know that runs a tubeless set up loves it. The best part is you can run much lower tire pressures and not worry about pinch flats

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Good call on the quick links.... I have a chain tool but should pick up some of the links. Will make a chain repair that much easier.

Brian also showed me how to dial back the release tension my SPDs which I hope will let me release out of the pedals easier and crash less on more technical stuff. Like skiing, riding with more experienced riders is a great way to learn quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    The best part is you can run much lower tire pressures and not worry about pinch flats
    A pinch flat is what got me last night... I knew I should have run more pressure in the rear tire, but I don't like it too high on the HT.
    Brian

Thread Information