• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huge Thunderstorms!

Trekchick

Woke me up at 1 AM, and still pounding us.
Our tower just got hit at our office(175 ft Two Way radio tower).
Power's out but I have a bit of battery left in the lap top, and wanted to check the radar.

The weather we get here usually hits northern VT the following day. If it does, brace yourselves.
Hail, Wind, the whole gamut.
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Java.aspx

Greg

Staff member
Looks like they've arrived. A pretty loud storm just rolled through. Loudest thunderstorn in a while....

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like they've arrived. A pretty loud storm just rolled through. Loudest thunderstorn in a while....

You should have driving through it like us. A lot of rain was falling quick on the highway. A lot of people pulled over to wait it out, while other's annoyingly crept along with their damn hazards on...

powderman

I lost power for a few minutes during the thunderstorms. Did anyone else here loose power? Oh, and it just started thundering as we speak. Is this thunder connected to the earlier storms or is it different?

WoodCore

I also lost power for a brief moment. Radar shows another line of potent T-storms ready to rumble across Western Connecticut. Time to batten down the hatches again!! :eek:

Greg

Staff member
A good hour of heavy rain. About 90 minutes+ of thunder and lightning. I had a short window and went out to put down some fertilizer. Another storm is now steadily approaching.

Greg

Staff member
Renamed this thread since we're talking about the NE now... :) I think it's going to be a stormy night....

hfd_None_anim.gif

dmc

I watched as the hail bounced off the roof of my new car... :(
No damage to it...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I want rain for my garden, but my fragile little tomato and pepper plants would appreciate keeping the winds below 80 knots. So freakin hard to pick a day to ride after work when it's always this 40% chance shite.

Zand

I was at Six Flags today... around 6:45 it started pouring so we ran the 1/4 mile to the car. Drove home soaking wet, attempting to make a rest stop in Ludlow but there was no power. Once we hit Sturbridge, lightning was everywhere.

Right now, it's raining moderately with CRAZY lightning.

Trekchick

Renamed this thread since we're talking about the NE now... :) I think it's going to be a stormy night....

hfd_None_anim.gif
\

Good move on the rename.
There were areas around here that didn't have power for two days. I got power back but my internet was unstable, and our business was busy helping with damage control, both with flooding issues and erosion repair.

Saturday night we had another storm go through with some hail but nothing like the one we had Thursday night/Friday morning.

Zand

Just got a small storm with a couple rumbles of thunder, some small hail, and 5 minutes of heavy rain. Nothing even close to last night or last Tuesday.

drjeff

hfd_None_anim.gif

Man we need to get that big upper level low North of Montreal out of here. Really clear center of rotation visble on the radar for today version of pop-up t-storms.

Oh well, looks like it will just be another evening where I DON'T have to drag the hoses out to water the plants/garden, and I can deal with that ;)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Man we need to get that big upper level low North of Montreal out of here. Really clear center of rotation visble on the radar for today version of pop-up t-storms.

Oh well, looks like it will just be another evening where I DON'T have to drag the hoses out to water the plants/garden, and I can deal with that ;)

Amen to that brutha. Although things are still drier than they could be. Of all the times it's rained over the past week, none of it has amounted to very much.