• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Headset DOH

tjf67

I have a question. How do you get stuff in your headset? My bike is a 00 hollowpoint. It get used about 20 times a summer and I have never had any problems like that.

I dont tinker with it unless I have to. The only think I have replaced is break pads. Twice.

As far as washing it unless it grinding I leave it alone. I clean the chain when necessary but that isnot often. Seems the more lube you put on the chain the quicker it accumulated grit. Mostly I run it dry

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I tend to just keep the moving pivots clean. Damp cloths...I'll make thin strips and "floss" tight areas. Less is more approach. I do keep the drivetrain clean and well-lubed. I've never had any real problems with maintenance of parts....other than just demolishing them from riding. :)