• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New trekking poles

cbcbd

I sold my Lekis to an ex from Brazil that couldn't find them down there... so I'm on the market for new ones.

Since I had a good experience with Leki in the past I'm eyeing the Ultralite Ti COR-TEC AS poles
http://www.leki.com/html/trek_ultralite_2138.asp

They are tall enough (I don't have the need for the extra long ones), very lightweight, and have the antishock system that I love and am accustomed to.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for trekking poles that have about the same features and are maybe a little cheaper?
Do most people here that use them prefer antishock? I've still yet to try poles without antishock and am nervous about getting some without and really disliking it.

Doug

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've always had Leki's. I have two pair-- one is a basic Supercross two section pole for snowshoeing and hiking which has worked well. In 2001 I got a nice bonus and took it to the Club Days at EMS where I picked up Leki's "Super Makalu" antishock poles (the top of the line models with the cork grips). They were pricy but I've had 'em for four years, taken them to Europe (that's probably why my luggage was stopped for so long :wink: ) and hike in the Whites with them. The work GREAT.

cbcbd

I finally got some new poles: KOMPERDELL C3 AirShocks

Both are 13oz and are soooo light and feel very nice, I can't wait to really try them out!!!