How would identify yourself? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    That's a helluva bump lol. I love backpacking but tough to get a weekend away to do not now. Mostly day hiking and closer to home.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Items for Sale
    Kudos for reviving...
    Without ramblin'...guess a dayhiker are my majority of days.....
    Last edited by bigbog; Jun 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM.
    SteveD

Day hiker here...go for the enjoyment of it, have enough other things in life that I get all goal-oriented about. Have no interest in going on death marches with a bunch of overly-enthusiastic peak baggers.

Actually looking into hikes with minimal climbing so we can bring the dogs (steep trails are not too good for dachshunds).

Just did Welch-Dickey this past weekend which is a fantastic hike IMO.
    Last edited by hammer; Jun 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM.

Day hiker looking for views. Would enjoy getting out the old Tioga for a few days out now and then; busy family life, as many of you have and know.

Wow. Old thread! lol. I'd call myself an "other". As in, I don't hike anywhere as often as I did 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago. Although my kids really seem to like hiking. We day-hiked Race Brook Falls to Mount Race earlier this summer which was one of my first TRs here. I'm 40 now, but if I can remain healthy and in reasonable hiking shape, I would love to show them some hikes in the Whites someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Wow. Old thread! lol. I'd call myself an "other". As in, I don't hike anywhere as often as I did 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago. Although my kids really seem to like hiking. We day-hiked Race Brook Falls to Mount Race earlier this summer which was one of my first TRs here. I'm 40 now, but if I can remain healthy and in reasonable hiking shape, I would love to show them some hikes in the Whites someday...
    I hit the hiking re-start button at 58. No worries;No quick step marathons;my partner is slower than me allowing her to observe the natural world ; thus re-focusing my wadering mind and making for pleasurable trips and memories. You have many years ahead of you.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    .......As in, I don't hike anywhere as often as I did 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago..........I'm 40 now, but if I can remain healthy and in reasonable hiking shape, I would love to show them some hikes in the Whites someday...
    The "showing others" places we've known...that are *off-the-beaten-tracks* is the greatest fun I get out of it all....
    As wilderness gets developed more and more...one often has to push further "out" to experience the unspoiled part of the outdoors, especially here in the East....

SteveD
    SteveD

Look at my driver's liscense and mirror.

Items for Sale
    Appreciate the fact that the two do still tie together, visually!...andyzee..
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Appreciate the fact that the two do still tie together, visually!...andyzee..
    FaceBookLikeTiny.jpg

Last edited by andyzee; Aug 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM.

Thread Information