• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Image width limiting?

Lostone

Is there a way to automatically limit the width of a linked image?

My reason for asking is that, when an image is too wide, it stretches the thread to its width.

Then, if you read the thread, you have to scroll to the right to get the end of the line, then back to the left for the beginning of the next one, then back to the right... I quickly decide the thread isn't worth the effort.

I've seen it on other sites that they limit the width by scalling the pic to fit the default width.

ie:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=2724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Look at the difference between page 1 and 2.

Greg

Staff member
There is a mod for this, but I'm reluctant to add more mods as it makes upgrading the forums a nightmare. It's a good suggestion though and I linked to it here as a possibility in the future, but for now I'm just going to ask members to try to refrain from embedding images that are extraordinarily wide.

Lostone

Thanx for the reply.

I'd seen it on other boards and as you can see most of the comments were positive.

If asking people to limit their size works, that will be good, too.

Don't want to make more work, for you. Just found threads get difficult to read, when stretched.