• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good MTB rides near Molly Stark State Park?

Greg

Staff member
We're heading to Molly Stark State Park in Southern Vermont for the 4th of July weekend and plan to bring the bikes. Are there any good rides in the area? I would be interested in some rail trail doubletrack type stuff for the family as well as some singletrack for me. Thoughts?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
You're only about 10 miles from Mt. Snow's cross-country trails. The ones off the mtn, like down and across handle road. They're really fun...mostly single track.

Also, that's a really fun, cute, campground. Was there about 10 years ago.

Greg

Staff member
Heading up on Thursday. Any other thoughts?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Have fun up there....its a beautiful little campground, fun hiking and definitely check out those bike trails. I believe they're referred to as the Cross-town trails on this page: http://www.mountsnow.com/mountainbiking.html?season=summer

Also, not that I sanction it, but I've never seen anyone checking "trail passes" which you're supposed to purchase to ride those trails.