• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sibling feud question....

Yeah but women are a lot better at holding grudges than men are too. Maybe has something to do with memory. Meredith remembers almost every detail of like the first ten dates we went on a year and a half ago.

I consider myself to be doing well if I remember to put on pants in the morning.

It just depends on the person...I remember all the details of pretty much everyday of my life..lol..but I'm a little bit..ah...different

eg..Rainman-esque..but with steeze

jack97

there's something to the onging rivalry and pecking order.

My brother was 8 years older and beat the sh!t out of me if I crossed the line. Once we matched up physically and I got bigger, we never got into fights, I never went into payback mold and he never said b/c I'm the oldest. My sisters had a problem for a long spell, oldest felt like she had to tell the younger how to run her life even when the youngest was in the mid twenties. Since then, they settled their differences and get along.

krisskis

I consider my sister my best friend. Shes always there for me and we get along great. We have had our differences in the past...i think the longest we didnt talk to each other is about a month.

My mother, on the other hand....we barely speak. I havent spoken to her right now in about 6 weeks. Before that was about the same. I know she called here to speak to my son on his birthday last week, but i wasnt home. I dont answer the phone when she calls because i have nothing to say to her. this has been going on for about 7 years since my dad passed away. We are like fire and water and when we do speak it always turns into a war, so i avoid her as much as possible. She avoids me too. My sister talks to her abit more than i do, but they argue alot too. My sister says we are going to hell beacuse of it, but that I am going first!!

Warp Daddy

I've never had anyting go that far

We're a real tight family group.

Fortunately we haven't had that experience either !

I have a sister much younger tho who left home at 18 to live with a guy who she ultimately married .

For yrs my m+d had put what i felt were pretty unrealistic expectations on a potential reconciliation . So being the oldest and an experienced professional and luckily with some training in the problem was able to bring about a true re-awakening and and reunion

Next to being in a great marriage myself and being a granddad -- this was one of teh BEST feeling i ever had -- since it made us ALL whole again and the relationships blossomed thru teh rest of m+D 'ifetime

( Of course Their seeeing some grandkids helped to oil the process :D:D )

deadheadskier

Staff member
there's something to the onging rivalry and pecking order.

My brother was 8 years older and beat the sh!t out of me if I crossed the line. Once we matched up physically and I got bigger, we never got into fights, I never went into payback mold and he never said b/c I'm the oldest. My sisters had a problem for a long spell, oldest felt like she had to tell the younger how to run her life even when the youngest was in the mid twenties. Since then, they settled their differences and get along.

Somewhat similar situation, but not really. My brother is 8 years older than I and when younger we never came to blows. This incident resulted in him punching me in the face and wanting to 'go'. First time this has ever happened. If it was anyone else I would've gone ballistic. Instead I pushed him to the ground and said I will not fight you, I can't hit my brother no matter what. He got up and said "come on hit me, let's go" at which point I walked away saying, "it's not worth it, we're family and this will accomplish nothing."

I simply just don't believe in physical altercations between loved ones. Well, I honestly don't believe in fighting at all as a way to solve problems, but if you have to defend yourself, you do what you have to do. I can understand physical fighting between siblings at a younger age, but for it to come to this when he's 40 and I'm 32 is an embarrasment to tell you the truth.

So...we'll see. A certain amount of trust has been lost from this event and I feel it will be a long time before I and my gf for that matter is comfortable being around him.

Somewhat similar situation, but not really. My brother is 8 years older than I and when younger we never came to blows. This incident resulted in him punching me in the face and wanting to 'go'. First time this has ever happened. If it was anyone else I would've gone ballistic. Instead I pushed him to the ground and said I will not fight you, I can't hit my brother no matter what. He got up and said "come on hit me, let's go" at which point I walked away saying, "it's not worth it, we're family and this will accomplish nothing."

I simply just don't believe in physical altercations between loved ones. Well, I honestly don't believe in fighting at all as a way to solve problems, but if you have to defend yourself, you do what you have to do. I can understand physical fighting between siblings at a younger age, but for it to come to this when he's 40 and I'm 32 is an embarrasment to tell you the truth.

So...we'll see. A certain amount of trust has been lost from this event and I feel it will be a long time before I and my gf for that matter is comfortable being around him.

That's the thanks you get for helping him move in 90 degree weather..

Greg

Staff member

Crazy story. I think someone else asked this already, but was booze involved?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Crazy story. I think someone else asked this already, but was booze involved?

zero on my part, minimal on his, perhaps 1 or 2.

He's under tremendous stress from an entreprenurial venture of his that is failing, I'm a bit stressed from moving, new mortgage and the economy killing my own work, so there were those factors. It still was a shock to have it escalate to that level. Never happened before no matter what our differences have been. It's the physical part that he was pushing that blows my mind and his eventual response, 'sorry for hitting you, but....you deserved it'. Um how does telling someone to drop the argument and stop running their mouth warrant getting punched in the face?

Crazy

TGIF

Philpug

I think it's unhealthy to hold grudges with family members...I took a Sociology of the Family class in college and there was alot of talk about sibling rivalry and birth order. Despite enjoying internet flame wars...I've always gotten along with all of my relatives.
My family is Jewish/Italian..we have been holding grudges for 5,000 years., we are built for it.