• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Roller Coaster?

ctenidae

lollercoaster.gif

mondeo

I'm with others in that I'd love to check out Cedar Point. It would have to be on my way too somewhere though or something else has me in the area. The concept of going to Ohio for vacation is a little weird to me.
At one point, my family went to Cedar Point about every year for a day or two, but that was only like a 4.5 hour drive for us.

In no particular order:
Millenium Force (Cedar Point)
Ride of Steel (Darien Lake)
Gemini (Cedar Point)
Mantis (Cedar Point)
Big Bad Wolf (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)

I really don't care for the typical Six Flags coasters. It seems like they just try to cram as many coasters in as possible, and they all end up being short, gimmicky rides instead of decent length, good rides.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Big Bad Wolf (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
Being removed this season. :sad::sad::sad:

They already destroyed it though when they removed all the trees from the village when the Drachen Fire went in (may she rest in peace).

I really don't care for the typical Six Flags coasters. It seems like they just try to cram as many coasters in as possible, and they all end up being short, gimmicky rides instead of decent length, good rides.
It seems like Six Flags seem to have a slew of the "Mind Eraser" style multi-park useless rides but many of their parks have at least one really incredible coaster. Haven't been on them but Superman at SFNE and El Toro at SFGadv are amongst the highest rated coasters around.

On our summer vacation, we hit Hershey Park in PA for a day (while our puppy got to go to a "dog resort" which was actually incredible for the price). I still love Great Bear and it is my favorite B&M so far. First time on Storm Runner which now ranks amongst my top five. Not as fast a launch or as high a hill as Dragster or Kingda Ka but the its four main elements wrap together so quick and so well that Storm Runner is so far superior to the faster and taller launch coasters. Fahrenheit was interesting. The vertical climb hill into the 90+ drop was worth the wait. But just once. Too small a footprint with the spacing of the elements to quick. It whips you around but it doesn't have the super fun element to it.

drjeff

Being removed this season. :sad::sad::sad:

They already destroyed it though when they removed all the trees from the village when the Drachen Fire went in (may she rest in peace).

It seems like Six Flags seem to have a slew of the "Mind Eraser" style multi-park useless rides but many of their parks have at least one really incredible coaster. Haven't been on them but Superman at SFNE and El Toro at SFGadv are amongst the highest rated coasters around.

On our summer vacation, we hit Hershey Park in PA for a day (while our puppy got to go to a "dog resort" which was actually incredible for the price). I still love Great Bear and it is my favorite B&M so far. First time on Storm Runner which now ranks amongst my top five. Not as fast a launch or as high a hill as Dragster or Kingda Ka but the its four main elements wrap together so quick and so well that Storm Runner is so far superior to the faster and taller launch coasters. Fahrenheit was interesting. The vertical climb hill into the 90+ drop was worth the wait. But just once. Too small a footprint with the spacing of the elements to quick. It whips you around but it doesn't have the super fun element to it.

Superman at SFNE(or whatever it's new name after some retheming this year is) does live upto the hype IMHO. Just a big a$$ smooth power coaster with some serious hang time in multiple locations on both the out and back. Pretty much Intamin as good as they can get!

B&M wise, my favorite is Nitro @ SFGA, once again a big a$$ power coaster (Guess big drops and big G's are my coaster fetish ;) )

All though this past week I did get a chance to re-ride the 1st coaster I ever rode on, The Polar Coaster at Storyland in Glen, NH! Both my kids had a great time on it, so it atleast looks like the love of coasters that my wife and I each have is on its way to being passed onto our kids(I'm already mentally plotting summer coaster vacations for when they're a little bigger!) Big or small, any coaster is good in my book!

AMAC2233

Polar Coaster was my first roller coaster too. I used to think Storyland was like heaven for kids way back when. I remember how much of a letdown it was as a 6 year old when I realized that "open sesame" didn't work in real life, but only for the gates in front of Storyland's pirate ship.