West Hartford Reservoir, CT - 6/22/08 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So are you sure these will fit with the integrated brake system. The guy at the bike shop didn't seem to confident about it working.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    So are you sure these will fit with the integrated brake system. The guy at the bike shop didn't seem to confident about it working.
    The lever just has a bracket that holds the shifter pod. These shifters clamp right to your handlebar independent of the lever.

If the bracket is in the way, I can think of multiple ways (just of the top of my head- pliers, bench grinder, angle grinder, sawzall, dremel, cutting torch... ok, maybe not that last one) to get the bracket out of the way.

And if it looks like it really won't work, you can always return them to Jenson. They have good customer service. I wouldn't be able to tell without looking at your bike again.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Austin, if you haven't ordered anything yet, just buy these:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Lever+Set.aspx

If you ever need brake levers for your canti brakes, you need to make sure you buy "short pull" levers. V-brakes need more cable pull and hence use levers with different lever to cable take up ratios (i.e., pulls more cable/distance than canti levers).
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information