• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Hartford Reservoir, CT - 6/22/08

MR. evil

PM sent to B and Tim with my cell. Austin and I are still coming.

Marc,
Had fun riding with an Austin today. Made a pit stop on the way home to replenish my tube supply in the old Camel Back (your welcome Austin)

Tim

P.S. - Isn't Austin a strange name for a lady?:lol: I think that was one of the highlights of todays ride

Greg

Staff member
Great ride today with lots of repairs. Thanks for the tour, Tim! I'm glad I decided not to bail after that first climb. Johnnypoach was in typical crazy form with the bushwhacking. Good to ride with Lady Austin and Marc too. Marc's got skills. Jeff is gaining a lot of confidence. Nice taking that small drop - you too, Brian. Steve - get the derailleur replaced!

MR. evil

Great ride today with lots of repairs. Thanks for the tour, Tim! I'm glad I decided not to bail after that first climb. Johnnypoach was in typical crazy form with the bushwhacking. Good to ride with Lady Austin and Marc too. Marc's got skills. Jeff is gaining a lot of confidence. Nice taking that small drop - you too, Brian. Steve - get the derailleur replaced!

Marc definatly has some skills and was fun to ride with. I am going to try and hook up with him for a ride out in his neck of the woods sometime. The amount of repairs today were just silly today. I have never been on a ride when that many thing went wrong with the bikes. But it was still alot of fun. I was suprised how much of that ride I remembered. The last 30 minutes of the ride was fuzzy but from there on out Brian was able to lead the way. Thanks Brian!

The AZ bike crew is definatly getting much better. I though you guys were going to kill me during the first 40 minutes of the ride during all the climbing. That route makes you earn the fun stuff on top of the ridge. We will have to hit the Res. again.

Where we riding next?

awf170

Marc,
Had fun riding with an Austin today. Made a pit stop on the way home to replenish my tube supply in the old Camel Back (your welcome Austin)

Tim

P.S. - Isn't Austin a strange name for a lady?:lol: I think that was one of the highlights of todays ride

Tomorrow before work I'm going to stop in the bike shop and get a few tubes. Next time I see go for a ride with you guys I'll bring like 3 or 4 tubes and the repairs of the day will be on me. Thanks a ton of for helping a bike noob with tubes and other junk.

Marc definatly has some skills and was fun to ride with. I am going to try and hook up with him for a ride out in his neck of the woods sometime. The amount of repairs today were just silly today. I have never been on a ride when that many thing went wrong with the bikes. But it was still alot of fun. I was suprised how much of that ride I remembered. The last 30 minutes of the ride was fuzzy but from there on out Brian was able to lead the way. Thanks Brian!

The AZ bike crew is definatly getting much better. I though you guys were going to kill me during the first 40 minutes of the ride during all the climbing. That route makes you earn the fun stuff on top of the ridge. We will have to hit the Res. again.

Where we riding next?

Heh, the first 40 minutes was actually my favorate part of the ride. Techi hill climbs rule. Though a few of those were a bit too steep the last couple were fantastic (before and after the drop footage).

You guys should head further east for a couple rides a month so I'll be able to join. As much fun as today was I just can't picture myself going that far every weekend to bike when I have some pretty damn good stuff 4 miles away. Anything under 1:30 I would def be able to make it though.

Greg

Staff member

Where we riding next?

I was ready to pass out right before that last stretch of hike-a-bike. Hangovers and MTBing definitely don't mix. It was worth it once we got to the top of that ridge though. Despite the dizziness and nausea, I felt like I rode pretty good today; clearing a bunch of rocky sections and a number of logs. I'm almost back to where I left off ten years ago. Still a long way to go - mostly I need more confidence.

MR. evil

If you and Brian get a handle on Nassahegan, we should a weekend ride there some time.

powhunter

Ladies and gentelman it was a pleasure riding with ya today....I apologize for slowing you down....I will have my ride in stellar shape before the next ride.....BTW Austin... tubes cost @ 4 bucks at wallmart.....4 miles into the woods they are @ 25 bucks!!......looking forward to the next outing

steve

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Cool riding with everyone today, thanks for waiting for our late asses and not ditching us.

I think I've convinced Austin to buy a new shifter. His is just plumb wore out. Amazing but true. Next time maybe we can do Case Mountain or... other places.

MR. evil

Cool riding with everyone today, thanks for waiting for our late asses and not ditching us.

I think I've convinced Austin to buy a new shifter. His is just plumb wore out. Amazing but true. Next time maybe we can do Case Mountain or... other places.

Id be down for Case. But I haven't been there in a really long time, and never rode there enough to learn the trails.

o3jeff

Again it was a great ride and good to meet Marc and Austin. The first half hour was definitely a butt kicker.

Thanks for the kind words Greg, still a long way to go, but am building some confidence out there.

MR. evil

Again it was a great ride and good to meet Marc and Austin. The first half hour was definitely a butt kicker.

Thanks for the kind words Greg, still a long way to go, but am building some confidence out there.

Jeff - I didn't think you had it on you to ride off that drop. Way to go!!!

I thought everyone did great today. I was really impressed with the way everyone attacked all the obstacles (logs, large rocks, drops) and cleaned most of them. I would venture to guess that was the most technical ride some of you have ever been on.

bvibert

Staff member
Good ride today guys. Even with as long as the ride took I still managed to only be a few minutes late for my Daughter's birthday party at my Mom's house. While we were there I passed out for a while. I think I'll sleep good tonight. I'm anxious to do that ride again soon, hopefully we can manage keep the equipment failures down next time. I was happy that I cleared a lot of the logs and stuff, I still have a long way to go in building my confidence though.

MR. evil

Good ride today guys. Even with as long as the ride took I still managed to only be a few minutes late for my Daughter's birthday party at my Mom's house. While we were there I passed out for a while. I think I'll sleep good tonight. I'm anxious to do that ride again soon, hopefully we can manage keep the equipment failures down next time. I was happy that I cleared a lot of the logs and stuff, I still have a long way to go in building my confidence though.

Brian,
Time for an upgrade to help clear those logs:grin:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=58

Greg

Staff member
Short vid

Here's a short vid of the session you guys did off that small drop:

High res is here.

awf170

Here are a few pics:
IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg