• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most favorite things about skiing/boarding

loafer89

I would have to agree that the bad weather is what makes me love the sport. Some people go through depression when the days get short and winter sets in. Then there are also some people (me included) for whom winter is not complete without cold weather and snow, and warm winter weather becomes depressing.

My trip to Sugarloaf experienced such a wide range of weather and conditions, 5 days of spring snow and 5 days of 25" of snow and winter conditions. Only the truly dedicated skiers are out in rain/sleet/snow'fog/wind/-20F weather that is all part of the New England ski experience.

Lately the days are growing longer by leaps and bounds and soon the snow will start to melt (sniff) and ick, spring will be here. Hopefully there are a few more snow storms left before then, I love to just sit back and watch it snow.

dmc

ALLSKIING said:
dmc said:
I also really enjoy bad weather...
Sitting on the side of a mountain in 50MPH wind with snow pelting...

Awesome!!!
I am glad you said it first ( people can look at me like I have to heads when I say this stuff) but its true I also love bad weather...like bring it on..Awesome!!!!

Tucks_03-10-02_doug_class_bowl.jpg

Bring it on!!!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
dmc said:
ALLSKIING said:
dmc said:
I also really enjoy bad weather...
Sitting on the side of a mountain in 50MPH wind with snow pelting...

Awesome!!!
I am glad you said it first ( people can look at me like I have to heads when I say this stuff) but its true I also love bad weather...like bring it on..Awesome!!!!

Tucks_03-10-02_doug_class_bowl.jpg

Bring it on!!!
Tucks?... If you want weather thats the place to be.

dmc

AVI 1 class - Mid March....
The previous day it was in the 60's and sunny...
That night the temps dropped to around 0 and the wind kept slamming the side of Joe Dodge Lodge...

Needless to say the bowl was not skiable...
Sherburne trail was SOLID ice...

Great day!!!!

bvibert

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I would have to agree that the bad weather is what makes me love the sport. Some people go through depression when the days get short and winter sets in. Then there are also some people (me included) for whom winter is not complete without cold weather and snow, and warm winter weather becomes depressing.

I'm the same way. Even when I wasn't skiing for several years I looked forward to the winter. :D

tekweezle

i love that crackling sound and feeling of recently fallen snow under my skis.

i love the smooth "chalk" of recently blown snow

i love the feeling of calf deep powder going over my ski boots.

skiing and boarding may not be for everyone but for those missing out or having never experienced these sensations, that;s too bad..

JD

Website
hotmail.com
The places I find myself. Standing in some quiet clearing on a blue bird day like today, with the wind bringing fresh snow cascading down thru the trees. The small of pine in cold air with the sun on your face surrounded by only natural sounds and sights. Looking out at the notch about to drop in. Popping thru a snow choked mouse hole and exploding into a sun soaked patch of deep, untouched virgin, somewhere where no one has been all year. That is what I miss about skiing.