• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posting from the Throne

dmc

I'm a "30 Seconds Over Tokyo" kinda guy...

drjeff

I've posted from ALOT of random places before (chairlifts, party boats, moving cars, airports, etc) but I haven't brought the laptop/cell phone into throne for some pants off posting before. Heck, I'll rarely even bring reading material in there :rolleyes: While I'll admit to "enjoying" my throne time as much as the next person, it's a heck of alot more comfy posting from couch infront of the TV, or at either my office desk, or from my really comfy chair at my home office desk.

I just gotta draw the line somewhere :)

wa-loaf

The mechanics of it just don't work for me. I like to get comfortable with my elbows on my knees and usually a mag to leaf through. Trying to balance a laptop would just ruin the experience. ;-)

Trekchick

No, lugging the desktop in there would be impractical.

I do post while naked quite often though.
TMI! :eek:

The mechanics of it just don't work for me. I like to get comfortable with my elbows on my knees and usually a mag to leaf through. Trying to balance a laptop would just ruin the experience. ;-)

Am I the only one who thinks its funny that the guy who needs to get comfy and concentrate, has loaf in his username?:smile:

Greg

Staff member
Am I the only one who thinks its funny that the guy who needs to get comfy and concentrate, has loaf in his username?:smile:

I can easily change the "wa" part to "pinch".

Moe Ghoul

No electronics in the john for me, only paper media. The truth about loaftime's enjoyment is the uninterrupted solitude it provides, much like prayer, that's why I'll linger and finish the article. Sometimes a chapter. :)

wa-loaf

I can easily change the "wa" part to "pinch".

Thanks, but I'll keep my user name as it is. :)

FYI: Loaf refers to Sugarloaf where I grew up skiing. The Wa is for Wachusett which is basically my home mtn now. :p

drjeff

We're all naked under our clothes.

Oh boy now this thread is strating to get way to philophical for me. I might just have to go sit on the throne for a few minutes and ponder the meaning of it all! ;) ;) ;) ;)

2knees

a throne thread, gotta love it.

who the hell thinks its ok to ride shotgun on someone in a public restroom. Unless i'm actually in the process of craping my pants, if i see shoes under any stall, i back out and bide my time.

drjeff

a throne thread, gotta love it.

who the hell thinks its ok to ride shotgun on someone in a public restroom. Unless i'm actually in the process of craping my pants, if i see shoes under any stall, i back out and bide my time.

Are we talking uncrowded public restroom here, or public restroom at a crowded sporting venue now??

Uncrowded, well then back up and get the shoes out of the line of site!

Crowded (like the one's I'll likely be encountering at the Sprint Cup race @ Loudon this Sunday), well then I'm holding my ground and hoping that the sounds/stench from the current throne user aren't too bad :eek: ;)

2knees

Are we talking uncrowded public restroom here, or public restroom at a crowded sporting venue now??

Uncrowded, well then back up and get the shoes out of the line of site!

Crowded (like the one's I'll likely be encountering at the Sprint Cup race @ Loudon this Sunday), well then I'm holding my ground and hoping that the sounds/stench from the current throne user aren't too bad :eek: ;)

basically talking about the office environment. We have like 4 bathrooms here and not that many people but i'm in a stretch lately where i cant catch a break. As soon as i start to get my swerve on, someone is crashing my party. I'm starting to think its some kind of sick conspiracy.

wa-loaf

basically talking about the office environment. We have like 4 bathrooms here and not that many people but i'm in a stretch lately where i cant catch a break. As soon as i start to get my swerve on, someone is crashing my party. I'm starting to think its some kind of sick conspiracy.

Maybe your BM's are syncing like womens periods. :lol:

We've got 7 floors, so I just move to another floor if I don't like whats going on when I walk in. It does suck when you are hanging out and someone sits down next to you and starts blasting away. Not much you can do there except wrap up a fast as possible.

drjeff

Maybe your BM's are syncing like womens periods. :lol:

We've got 7 floors, so I just move to another floor if I don't like whats going on when I walk in. It does suck when you are hanging out and someone sits down next to you and starts blasting away. Not much you can do there except wrap up a fast as possible.

My business part and I are actually giving some serious thought to adding a couple of extra bathrooms to our office the next time we do some renovation work, just so that we'd have our own(basically the "man throne", the rest of the office employees would have their own - they could stuff it with all the potpourri and tampon dispensers they like :rolleyes:, and then a patient bathroom) - right now we're just 1 bathroom for everyone, and there are those times when we really wishes we had additional porcelain thrones for various reasons :rolleyes: ;)

Trekchick

We're all naked under our clothes.
I could have said,
worthless.gif